• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

West pilots to be "strikebreakers."

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What are the east guys going to want to strike over? Is it pay parity without joining the lists? Pretty sure the response from the west will be a big, "F$%! YOU" Is it getting rid of the binding arbitration award? Afraid that would be another big, "F*%! YOU!" Unless things have changed since I've been gone that would be my guess.

Every pilot in this profession should make sure that they are educated about the problems that the East US Airways PILOTS have created for the entire industry with their representational group USAPA.

1. They have weakend all pilots careers in our industry by demonstrating that Final & Binding Arbitration does not apply if you dont like the outcome. ( Next time you have a grievance with your company and you win perhaps the company will still attempt to have their way with you since Final & Binding no longer applies in our industry.)

Next time you see a US Airways Pilot be sure to let him/her know what you think about the entire mess they are creating for our industry. Like it or not what happens here will forever set a precedent in our industry as to how decisions rendered by Federal Arbitrators are respected.

If we can not respect the decision of a Federal Arbitrator then we open our profession up to much more disrespect.

For what its worth, the men and women who are trying to circumnavigate an agreement they entered into without duress should be held accountable for their actions. Anything less is intolerable and demonstrates not only a lack of integrity within our profession but weakens our barganing power within each and every union at our respectable airlines.

Strike? You got to be kidding me.
There isn't a mediator on either side of the house that would release USAPA for self help.
Look forward to months and years of getting parked for being unreasonable ninnies and look forward to a membership of thousands shaking their heads in disbelief as the incompentence becomes unbearable.
None of the guys in USAPA leadership are sleeping at night, you can be sure of that.
Fun, ain't it?
Maybe you should all just quit and take a long vacation with your family.

To pass the time many of the west pilots are submitting membership applications to USAPA along with a letter. In that letter we are saying that we do not agree with the USAPA C & BL and that, if accepted as a member, we will utilize our federally protected rights to undermine and destroy the union. It is the same thing the USAPA organizers did to ALPA. Do you want us as a member? If you do then one of our first acts will be to file appropriate constitutional charges against the board for accepting applicants who have stated upfront they will work to destroy the union.

The only other option is to reject the application. The applicant is then relieved of any and all financial obligations to the union. Word has it that the union will accept the malcontents just to get their money.

If they do that they will have proven yet again that the union and it's officers have no integrity.

I am submitting the letter with my app. I don't want to be a member of USAPA and I don't even want the association of being a non-member or an objector. I want to be rejected outright. If they do slut themselves out for my money then I will run wild within the union and never tire of working to destroy USAPA and all it stands for.

well done Denny.
I agree with everything you've posted.

None of the guys in USAPA leadership are sleeping at night, you can be sure of that.
Fun, ain't it?
Maybe you should all just quit and take a long vacation with your family.

The "founders/leadership" will find out just how true a statement this is by September.

Contract Law is not RLA. RLA provides them zero individual protections.

Good News (please make note of sharp disdain & sarcasm here)!!

It is my understanding that my "union" has appealed the lawsuit that they LOST. If that is true, that should cost you another $100K or better. How lucky we are to have our "union" watching after our interests and wisely spending the dues monies ENTRUSTED to the SELF-APPOINTED leadership.

Are you are BLINDLY giving these guys money every pay check?? Good on you then!!

US Air East Pilots are a bunch of babies....even some of them that have come over to SWA - still talking $hit about their bad deal. I have to remind them - hey, buddy you're at SWA, now. You ain't got a dog in this fight.

It all does not matter what these AWA pilots want. The West will disappear and so will its pilot group at USAIR. Kind of like what happened to the Midatlantic Pilots.

Do not forget. AWA are not USAIR pilots. They can not bid a position at USAIR. They are locked into their aircraft. Kind of like the MDA folks. So lets just let them fold like we did with MDA and get this diseased pilot group off our back.

We do not want them. I say sell them to MESA and give them relative senioirity with no restrictions. They will be back at ALPA and all be happy.

M

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back