West pilots to be "strikebreakers."

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BeCareful!

ITEM FOUR: AWAPPA has reportedly advised its adherents to join USAPA as members, but, at the same time, to communicate to USAPA their prospective intent to violate the USAPA Constitution, including an intent to act as strikebreakers.

Wow. There's another word for that term "strikebreaker"....um, what is it? Oh, that's right, you guys have several of them on your list, but it's that word you keep using to describe others who don't actually fit the description. I think it's banned from use here.

Wow. There's another word for that term "strikebreaker"....um, what is it? Oh, that's right, you guys have several of them on your list, but it's that word you keep using to describe others who don't actually fit the description. I think it's banned from use here.

And yet the east pilots heavily involved in USAPA just can't understand why they are viewed as the pariah's of the commercial airline industry. Don't believe me? How about some UAL, SWA, FedEx, NWA, DAL, CAL, et al guys and gals weigh in??

ALPA has NEVER moved to fire a pilot for failing to pay dues or a percentage of dues at AAA or AWA. Guess what USAPA is after (specifically on the west)??

A recent company meeting left a USAPA vice president asking the CEO...Why can't we get pay parity? It took the CEO seven or eight times to tell the FO that we were offered a better contract that included pay parity (about a year and a half ago), and that pay parity would only come in the form of a joint contract. I still think that the USAPA VP didn't get it.

Following that was an east captain that verbally took that FO out to the shed on his union's mis-deeds and mis-fire toward our CEO.

USAPA will get you a new contract in a couple of weeks. Oh crap, a couple of months! Oh crap, a couple of years??

BeCareful, happy fishin'!!

Maybe after the west guys break a strike the eastholes will understand what "final and binding means."

Go Cactus!

F USAPPA!

Ok, try this next time you jumpseat around. Tell them you are from the East and see who the guys at other airlines are really for. I've tried this a couple of times and for the most part they mimic whatever you say just to keep you out of their hair.

I don't like the word scab or strikebreaker being used by either side.

This deal was business not personal. And it will be resolved accordingly.

USAPA certainly IS a "recognized" union....just ask your CEO.

So, if there is a strike and you guys cross the line, what special word will get used to describe you?

Sounds like the same problems as blue book/red book. Do you think these issues will go away after 20 years? Have fun working there.

Wasn't USAir East going to close it's doors anyways? They should be happy to have a job. Bottom of the list!!!

Latest resources

Back