• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

West pilots to be "strikebreakers."

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've been a union member all of my professional life. But what this group calling themselves USAPA is doing, planning on doing and has done has me flummoxed. I can guarantee you that I want to join this union so I can be rejected for membership and thus be free of paying them a dime to destroy my life.

If they don't reject me then I have told them up front and in a letter that I will use all of my power and will to destroy their union but they've said they'll accept me anyway just to get my money.

I will cross a USAPA picket line. I will. I say that as a long time proud union member. USAPA is not a union. It is a terrorist organization.

I will be PROUD to scab their ranks. Proud.

I will cross a USAPA picket line. I will. I say that as a long time proud union member. USAPA is not a union. It is a terrorist organization.

I will be PROUD to scab their ranks. Proud.

About the most pathetic post I have seen yet. "Proud to scab" Got to be F kidding me.

About the most pathetic post I have seen yet. "Proud to scab" Got to be F kidding me.

I agree it is pathetic what such a group of so called 'pilots' can do to a proud profession. I am not F kidding you. I will scab USAPA no questions asked. And when I do I will make sure my name is on all the lists because I want it there. USAPA is not a union.

I agree it is pathetic what such a group of so called 'pilots' can do to a proud profession. I am not F kidding you. I will scab USAPA no questions asked. And when I do I will make sure my name is on all the lists because I want it there. USAPA is not a union.

Whatever, have a nice life.

Whatever, have a nice life.

Thank you! I will. You see, I'm too old to get wrapped around the axle on this stuff. I am a former long time union rep and volunteer. The "brotherhood" that everyone likes to think still exists doesn't. I don't care what someone wants to think of me or what list to put me on. It doesn't much matter at the end of the day if 100 of 100 pilots are unified or split. They don't have much say one way or the other over events beyond their control.

I've been through a lot of crises in my career and I can honestly say that the current fuel crisis and the US Airways east/west integration is one of the most relaxed and comfortable times I've spent compared to the other events in times past.

But one thing I do know about this current situation. The USAPA guys have no integrity, no morals, no sense of pride or professionalism. Most of the east guys do and I have not had a cross word with one of them nor denied or been denied a jumpseat. But USAPA is an ugly, corrupt, evil and untrustworthy organization. I will, I repeat, I will proudly step across any USAPA picket line. I've been involved in enough work actions and unions to know that USAPA is the farthest thing from a union a pilot would ever want to see.

Somewhere, sometime one has to face up to his hardline core principles and stand there and defend and fight. USAPA is that time for me. Saying that as a longtime union member and volunteer. I hope to be back in a real union soon.

So I guess for convenience you just going to assume all of the east coast guys think and feel the same way or are you going to use your magic 8 ball? Maybe you could try and “use the force!!" Or maybe this is why politics do not belong on the jumpseat.

Agreed. But if thst's the case ,what's with the scab list check you put all your jumpseaters through ??

PHXFLYR

Agreed. But if thst's the case ,what's with the scab list check you put all your jumpseaters through ??

PHXFLYR

I do not give rides to scabs, end of story. On the other hand I don't care if you are USAPA, ALPA, SWAPA, even non union. I don't care if you are for or against Obama or McCain. I don't care about your race, religion, or sex. I will not take that into consideration when offering you a ride. Just no scabs.

By the tone set by the AWA side in this thread maybe I should double check when I have one looking for a ride.

Professionals live up to their agreements and obligations. What part of final and binding does the east not understand?

Let's be honest, USAPA ia a sham union who's sole purpose is to side step an award they agreed to be bound by. It is not a union based on common principles, but a mugging of one pilot group of another.

Here endeth the lesson.

I do not give rides to scabs, end of story. On the other hand I don't care if you are USAPA, ALPA, SWAPA, even non union. I don't care if you are for or against Obama or McCain. I don't care about your race, religion, or sex. I will not take that into consideration when offering you a ride. Just no scabs.

I don't care if about any of that either, I do care if you sue my fellow pilots for seven figures in federal court over a web board post. Thats not politics, thats just not letting someone lower than a scab on my jumpseat. Thats all.

Usapa lovers love to mention the ******************** in the mail and the doll and all that, but funny enough, none of those supposed people were listed as defendants.

Latest resources

Back