West pilots to be "strikebreakers."

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Raoul,

USAIR East pilots are still professionals, just like you. They are trying to get home to their families for a reprieve from all the BS we are going through right now. I know it is hard but try to leave the politics out of the jumpseat.

Just my 2 cents...

Yeah, lots and lots of professionals just like us sue fellow pilots in federal court over nasty criminal actions like web board posts. I agree, just cause a guy stoops that low is no reason to deny him a jumpseat. Yep, gotta keep politics out of this.

Not according to Judge Robert Harris on Oct 30, 2006, presiding over the TWU Arbitration between the AWA and USAir Flight Dispatchers.

The West characterizes the merger decision on AWA’s part as a one-way
economic bailout. But there is no support for this in the record; surely, the
respective companies did not endorse that view. AWA concluded, according to
the statements of its CEO, that “…when we looked out at our future, what we saw
wasn’t good…. Assuming we couldn’t go out and restructure or raise cash, it is
possible that AWA would have been facing its own Chapter 11 at some point.
Employees may like to think we “saved” US but the fact is we saved each other…"

Oh look!! A piece of straw!! Let's grasp at it!!

ALPA has NEVER moved to fire a pilot for failing to pay dues or a percentage of dues at AAA or AWA. Guess what USAPA is after (specifically on the west)??

actually ALPA tried to have me fired while I was on dues checkoff - I have the letters to prove it. I was tossed out of ALPA and had to rejoin.

background: hired at Allegheny in 99 on dues checkoff right away after prob year, then bid to MidAtlantic in July 2004, signed up for dues check off right away (no probation). I took a cycle or 2 get the dues checkoff going so they billed me 60 bucks or so, they sent the bill to my old address in SYR and they had my new address address outside Philly.

Just watched the crew news video. Vice Pud Cleary made a complete ass out of himself. I had to laugh when I first saw him. He looks like a dwarf with coke bottle glasses dressed up for Halloween as a pilot.

He's such a "wittle wittle" tough guy....Made me laugh. Seems as if they're planning on refilling the frivolous law suit and wasting more of their members money. Why? Because just like bullies, they get no respect from others so they just lash out like idiots.

They're a bunch of pansies who threaten to hold their breath until somebody...anybody shows them some respect.

Yeah, lots and lots of professionals just like us sue fellow pilots in federal court over nasty criminal actions like web board posts. I agree, just cause a guy stoops that low is no reason to deny him a jumpseat. Yep, gotta keep politics out of this.

So I guess for convenience you just going to assume all of the east coast guys think and feel the same way or are you going to use your magic 8 ball? Maybe you could try and “use the force!!" Or maybe this is why politics do not belong on the jumpseat.

So I guess for convenience you just going to assume all of the east coast guys think and feel the same way or are you going to use your magic 8 ball? Maybe you could try and “use the force!!" Or maybe this is why politics do not belong on the jumpseat.

If they stand by and tolerate that, then yes, I have to assume they all feel that way. Sorry.

Sueing your fellow pilots in such a way, or standing idly by while your "representative" does so, goes far beyond politics. In fact I still have a hard time believing humans can sink so low.

Last edited:
If they stand by and tolerate that, then yes, I have to assume they all feel that way. Sorry.

Sueing your fellow pilots in such a way, or standing idly by while your "representative" does so, goes far beyond politics. In fact I still have a hard time believing humans can sink so low.

Yes, they should have just made a couple thousand phone calls begging the West to stop and if that didnt work maybe some crap in the mail, or some doll hanging in a cockpit. Yes, they should have followed the upstanding example set by those on the West as to how to respond to a challenge.
Imagine those East bastages using legal means to try and stop harassment. Ohh the outrage!!!

USAIR East pilots are still professionals, just like you.

Professionals live up to their agreements and obligations. What part of final and binding does the east not understand?

Let's be honest, USAPA ia a sham union who's sole purpose is to side step an award they agreed to be bound by. It is not a union based on common principles, but a mugging of one pilot group of another.

USAPA won't be striking anytime soon. They're giving away the store (not theirs to give by the way) in exchange for a date of hire list. Don't bother speaking up in opposition, Bradford will not tolerate insubordination from anyone challenging his self appointed diety.

Of course the day will come when the remants of the east may be depending on those they've screwed, for retiree medical, pass priviledges, etc. and they should be prepared for the response.

Latest resources

Back