• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

West pilots to be "strikebreakers."

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wasn't USAir East going to close it's doors anyways? They should be happy to have a job. Bottom of the list!!!

SFR, you are a retard.

You asked in the other thread "is CAL hiring?" Are you serious? Are you that clueless? If you are so smart about this industry to not even know if CAL is hiring or not, then get your ******************** right about USAir and the merger process.

Wasn't USAir East going to close it's doors anyways? They should be happy to have a job....

Not according to Judge Robert Harris on Oct 30, 2006, presiding over the TWU Arbitration between the AWA and USAir Flight Dispatchers.

The West characterizes the merger decision on AWA’s part as a one-way
economic bailout. But there is no support for this in the record; surely, the
respective companies did not endorse that view. AWA concluded, according to
the statements of its CEO, that “…when we looked out at our future, what we saw
wasn’t good…. Assuming we couldn’t go out and restructure or raise cash, it is
possible that AWA would have been facing its own Chapter 11 at some point.
Employees may like to think we “saved” US but the fact is we saved each other…"

Not according to Judge Robert Harris on Oct 30, 2006, presiding over the TWU Arbitration between the AWA and USAir Flight Dispatchers.

The West characterizes the merger decision on AWA’s part as a one-way
economic bailout. But there is no support for this in the record; surely, the
respective companies did not endorse that view. AWA concluded, according to
the statements of its CEO, that “…when we looked out at our future, what we saw
wasn’t good…. Assuming we couldn’t go out and restructure or raise cash, it is
possible that AWA would have been facing its own Chapter 11 at some point.
Employees may like to think we “saved” US but the fact is we saved each other…"

The CEO stated...two days ago, (on video) that there wasn't enough time to do a DAL/NWA type merger because US Air was too close to liquidation. Chapter 11 would have been welcome compared to the scatsandwich we've been fed via US Air merger and their legacy of complete failure.

Last edited:
ITEM FOUR: AWAPPA has reportedly advised its adherents to join USAPA as members but at the same time to communicate to USAPA their prospective intent to violate the USAPA Constitution, including an intent to act as strikebreakers.
The sample letter supplied to us by AWAPPA reads in part:

"I will also take all lawful actions within my power to replace USAPA with a bargaining agent that believes in the rule of law rather then the tyranny of the majority, and I will never strike in support of a contract that contains seniority provisions that deviate from the Nicolau Award."

Frankly, I think this is a moot point since we all know it'll never come to that. Regardless, I don't interpret this statement as an intent to be a strikebreaker but merely as a lack of support for a strike under those conditions. It's pretty hard to strike with less than 66% support.

To my knowledge nobody who's applied with the letter has received a response.

He said he wouldn't strike for a contract that screws him. Big deal. Not a lot of pilots would.
I'd believe him, though. Unlike the East, his word means something.

And yet the east pilots heavily involved in USAPA just can't understand why they are viewed as the pariah's of the commercial airline industry. Don't believe me? How about some UAL, SWA, FedEx, NWA, DAL, CAL, et al guys and gals weigh in??

UAL'r here, they are welcome on my jumpseat in fact have already had several. You are as well though I don't discriminate. Openly talking about scabbing though could change my mind. I do and always have carried a "master scab list."

PS before you all try to muddy the water there is only one definition of scab in my book.

UAL'r here, they are welcome on my jumpseat in fact have already had several. You are as well though I don't discriminate. Openly talking about scabbing though could change my mind. I do and always have carried a "master scab list."

PS before you all try to muddy the water there is only one definition of scab in my book.

You're the only one who carries "your book" thank God...

Not me. Eastholes need not apply.

Has there ever been a scab picket line in the past? I think we are dealing with a complete unknown, which is only hypothetical at this point anyway.

Latest resources

Back