West pilots to be "strikebreakers."

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wait....wait !!!

Has PCL weighed in on this yet? Or can he? Remember, he did send lots of money to the AWA pilot defense fund.

Shouldn't he have a say in this?

How about some UAL, SWA, FedEx, NWA, DAL, CAL, et al guys and gals weigh in?? --->OK...this SWA guy will weigh in. My company has a J/S agreement with US airways...period. Don't care if you are East, West, North or South...if you have the proper documentation and are in ...

Can't wait to have a East and West pilot on the J/S....should be fun.

But seriously...this is nothing more than Uncle Henry beating up Aunt Mabel again...and the family wanting to take it out into the middle of the street...because they don't want to deal with it privately.

ALPA has NEVER moved to fire a pilot for failing to pay dues or a percentage of dues at AAA or AWA.
--->You need to do some more research....see what happened in 1989/90 when certain members decided they didn't agree with the EAL strike assesssment ..however I heard they fell into line pretty quickly after discovering what their limited options were.

Besides, taking steps to terminate a non-dues payer is in the current agreement....like it or not. And, if you don't like it, then get to work to change it....obviously, you are pretty happy with it, or it would've been changed already.

Frankly, I think this is a moot point since we all know it'll never come to that. Regardless, I don't interpret this statement as an intent to be a strikebreaker but merely as a lack of support for a strike under those conditions.

TWA Dude,

You're right, I don't think it will come to this either, but the irony of is pretty funny. I laugh thinking about guys like Ocity ending up on the real scab list someday after years of using the word improperly and denying US Airways pilots jumpseats. Try as y'all might (by spouting off on FI.com about it), there is no industry wide opinion about us or what we have done. No one I know has been denied a jumpseat on any other carrier over this. It's like one of those Internet legends. Pretty lame....

Here we go again

I agree with Cactus and dont fly for US. The west guys are the only ones permitted on my JS.

Raoul,

It was only a matter of time before the jumpseat came up again. The jumpseat is not a political tool. It was never meant to be and it never will be. If you feel like you need to educate the pilot requesting a jumpseat why don't you be a man and tell him what you think, and THEN give him/her the jumpseat.

USAIR East pilots are still professionals, just like you. They are trying to get home to their families for a reprieve from all the BS we are going through right now. I know it is hard but try to leave the politics out of the jumpseat.

Just my 2 cents...

Why is it that all you regional guys are so into everyone's business at the majors? Go to a major then...

But seriously...this is nothing more than Uncle Henry beating up Aunt Mabel again...and the family wanting to take it out into the middle of the street...because they don't want to deal with it privately.
Well said:beer:

Maybe the 2 sides could hash it out on Jerry Springer?

USAPA isn't a recognized union.

If it's registered with the Department of Labor, it most certainly is "recognized."

I understand you sentiment, and have nothing but sympathy for the Westies. Nevetheless, crossing the picket line of a legally elected union can only be called one thing.

That word starts with an "S". You know the rest.

If they go down this road, ALPA would be cutting its own throat by not condeming any strike breaking activities. It not for individuals to decide what consitutes "scabbing" . . that is, for better or worse, the job of legally constituted unions and their leaderships.

Latest resources

Back