Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Two people in Aviation with Kids. Does it work?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why don't you put your f***ing career on hold?

Whether you take the fundamentalist radical right "Christian" view point, or the Darwinist, evolutionary view.... Women were dealt that task. Sorry if that fact gets you angry, but it simply is a fact.

BTW.. I'm Roman Catholic, and not a member of any "Radical" churches.. My views are not any different than my wife either. It's not a man/woman thing, it's life..

Sorry if that fact gets you angry, but it simply is a fact.

BTW.. I'm Roman Catholic, and not a member of any "Radical" churches.. My views are not any different than my wife either. It's not a man/woman thing, it's life..

BAM!!!!!!!!!! Right there! You just said the two magic words. ROMAN CATHOLIC!!! Having grown up Catholic, having gone to a Catholic school for half my life, having been made to go to church until I was 18, I have first hand experience of the hippocracy of the "Catholic" religion. Dude, you don't have to be radical....you just have to say to me that you are Catholic and that's all I need to hear to know that your opinion means NADA to me.

I'm not angry at what your opinion is....you can think what you want. That's great that your wife shares your opinion....what makes me angry is your inability to mind your own business and say that a woman should give up her career and stay home with the kids. Not surprising...typical Catholic which is why I will not get married in a Catholic church, I will not baptize my kid in a Catholic church and if I ever step foot in a Catholic church again it will be too soon.

You have once again shown me why I no longer consider myself Catholic......a bunch of self righteous hippocrites who like to force their views on others saying "God loves everyone" but if you don't do what we want you to do, you are shunned and damned by God. Have a nice life Mr. Catholic. :rolleyes:

No problem, but keep in mind I do have several atheistic/secular friends who do the same. Darwinism and Evolution/natural selection dictate that in almost all species one of the genders raises the offspring. Usually (99% of the time) it's the female. The Catholic church doesn't per say have any official doctrine on women's roles in child rearing, but the more conservative view taken by most people is that a woman is better suited for it. This would also account for why most elementary school teachers are women.

I hope you don't mind my being frank, but I think that the problem is that women like you seem to find that the natural laws and facts of science are inconvenient to them. They want to believe that woman can do anything, and everything a man can and as well or better. It simply isn't true. Political correctness and laws can be mandated to give the impression that it is, but that's only has the effect of a small band aid over a huge wound.

There are things women can do better and there are things they don't do better.

Just watch the ESPN Fire Fighter challenge to see why men are better suited to be "Firefighters". The 50 year old male fire chiefs get better scores than the super fit 20-30 year old females, and let's not discuss the 20-30 year old males.

Or, watch any sport.. football is obvious, but look even at bowling, or pool, golf, and other less physical sports. Men have different spacial skills that makes them better suited for this kind of stuff. Through out history, the male has been responsible for certain tasks like that of "Hunter/gatherer" and this has lead to evolutional differences in our brains and bodies.

On the other hand, woman have far better reasoning skills, and communication skills.. again due to evolutionary needs.

We can throw the bible and church doctrine out the window, and it still stands on scientific grounds that men are better suited to drive a race car, or fly a plane. This isn't to say that in the statistical bell curve of men vs. women on spacial skills that the 10% outlier of women isn't as good as maybe the 50th percentile of men (or some other model, as I don't have access to the actual data).. but there is data that proves that spacial skills are generally better in males.

there is more here, and a lot of the research is "pay for content" so pay a few $$ and learn.

http://www.sfn.org/index.cfm?pagename=brainBriefings_genderAndTheBrain

Anyway, hate to get you so upset, but it's just I have a problem in that I always have to call a spade "a spade". I'm so bad at PC.. ;)

Any woman (or man) who is stupid or weak enough to allow their spouse to demand them to give up their career deserves to be miserable.

If everyone thought like you do, we'd have all the women in the USA wearing burkas and getting permission from their husbands to leave the house.

Mega - I think most of these guys are full of it. They are probably brow beaten, "yes dear" sort of people. The only way they can act macho is typing away on their laptop when their wives go to bed.

We can throw the bible and church doctrine out the window, and it still stands on scientific grounds that men are better suited to drive a race car, or fly a plane.

Anyway, hate to get you so upset, but it's just I have a problem in that I always have to call a spade "a spade". I'm so bad at PC.. ;)

I didn't even get to this part and I saw it coming. People like you are so predictable.

Calling a spade a spade has nothing to do with saying "a woman should give up her career and stay at home with the kids". What would you have done if she refused to do that and thought you should give up your career and stay home with the kids? What would you have done?

I like people that say it like it is and maybe women are better at raising kids, but to say we MUST give up our careers is NOT saying it like it is...it's your opinion.

Any woman (or man) who is stupid or weak enough to allow their spouse to demand them to give up their career deserves to be miserable.

If everyone thought like you do, we'd have all the women in the USA wearing burkas and getting permission from their husbands to leave the house.

Mega - I think most of these guys are full of it. They are probably brow beaten, "yes dear" sort of people. The only way they can act macho is typing away on their laptop when their wives go to bed.

Amen sista! :laugh:

No kidding!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back