Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Two people in Aviation with Kids. Does it work?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For those of you blessed with being raised in Beaver Cleaver households, and those of you raising families in the optimal family situations where mom and dad and everyone is happy and stable, CONGRATULATIONS; Gee, if we could only be like you...

For the rest of us, 80%, who have grown up in, and continue to be involved in, unstable relationships, we need to look at reality.

My mom had a choice: Put up with a two-timing husband for the rest of her life, or go to law school to become a lawyer so that she didn't have to raise her kids in a double-wide on a teacher's salary. Lawyers work about 60 hours per week. Yes, my brother and I spent much time in day-care. That was the choice, and sacrifice she made.

Could she have made it work on a teacher's salary? Sure. And I sure as hell wouldn't be a pilot today: Maybe not even a college graduate. Have you checked the cost of pilot training lately?

Any smart woman (and man) looking at the ODDS can quickly realize that it makes most sense for the woman to work. For the KIDS sake AND both SPOUSES sake. There is nothing wrong with that. There is also nothing wrong with the woman staying home to take care of the kids, for those lucky 20% of you who are lucky enough to have such a stable situation. BUT, if you are one of those, it's mighty pious of you to cast shame on the rest of us. SO, shut the fukc up! Let the rest of us make due, with the circumstances that have befallen us, IN PEACE and support.

I'm so glad to read how well rounded all these gentlemen on this thread are. After all these years of marriage AND aviation, my general impression of male pilots was that they wanted their wives to stay home so they could cheat on their wives on the layovers and keep her blissfully unaware of just how many 'girlfriends' he really had. Glad to see that doesn't apply to these fellows. Unfortunately, it applys to about 90% of the others.

I'm so glad to read how well rounded all these gentlemen on this thread are. After all these years of marriage AND aviation, my general impression of male pilots was that they wanted their wives to stay home so they could cheat on their wives on the layovers and keep her blissfully unaware of just how many 'girlfriends' he really had. Glad to see that doesn't apply to these fellows. Unfortunately, it applys to about 90% of the others.

For those of you blessed with being raised in Beaver Cleaver households, and those of you raising families in the optimal family situations where mom and dad and everyone is happy and stable, CONGRATULATIONS; Gee, if we could only be like you...

I wish I could be like them too. Nothing stable here... maybe thats why I am seeking it out...

For the rest of us, 80%, who have grown up in, and continue to be involved in, unstable relationships, we need to look at reality.

The reality for me is to keep things simple. Stay away from the hectic, two income, hyperconsumption/materialism lifestyle.

My mom had a choice: Put up with a two-timing husband for the rest of her life, or go to law school to become a lawyer so that she didn't have to raise her kids in a double-wide on a teacher's salary.

Respectfully, we all have a choice to or not to marry in the first place.

Could she have made it work on a teacher's salary? Sure. And I sure as hell wouldn't be a pilot today. Have you checked the cost of pilot training lately?

Good for your Mom.... It sounds like she loved you and your sibling enought to work hard enough so you can do better.... I think all parents want that..

Any smart woman (and man) looking at the ODDS can quickly realize that it makes most sense for the woman to work.

Call me stupid.

For the KIDS sake AND both SPOUSES sake. There is nothing wrong with that.

Now why did you say the kids! :)

There is also nothing wrong with the woman staying home to take care of the kids, for those lucky 20% of you who are lucky enough to have such a stable situation.

Disagree. It is all about choices. When one looks at how families live in other countries, especially third world, where basic survival is daily, we have so many choices to make our lives healthy and prosperous... but we seem to keep batting ourselves down...

BUT, if you are one of those, it's mighty pious of you to cast shame on the rest of us. SO, shut the fukc up! Let the rest of us make due, with the circumstances that have befallen us, IN PEACE and support.[/quote]

Peace and support! :beer:

While there are a few diamonds in the rough... the on the road selection is pretty poor.... besides, who are these guys sleeping around with? Is it one dirty girl or is it 90% of the girls for 90% of the guys?

follow up

wanted their wives to stay home so they could cheat on their wives on the layovers and keep her blissfully unaware of just how many 'girlfriends' he really had. .

Either you fly all your trips with your husband or you have complete trust in him..... :eek:

TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER: this entire thread should be proof enough to you that when ANY pilot asks you questions about the pregnancy, your response is a blank stare and a quick escape. Nothin more. These guys want to know if you are breast feeding and they are serious about it. Trust me, They want an answer. My best plan of action would be to throw out the "fat card". Plead FAT. Watchever....sure beats being lecutured, day after day after day, about every little thing you do. Blahgghhhh

To think a bunch of WIFE CHEATERS think they come tell us how to raise our children, but heck, entertain them. Have fun boys.

TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER: this entire thread should be proof enough to you that when ANY pilot asks you questions about the pregnancy, your response is a blank stare and a quick escape. Nothin more. These guys want to know if you are breast feeding and they are serious about it. Trust me, They want an answer. My best plan of action would be to throw out the "fat card". Plead FAT. Watchever....sure beats being lecutured, day after day after day, about every little thing you do. Blahgghhhh

To think a bunch of WIFE CHEATERS think they come tell us how to raise our children, but heck, entertain them. Have fun boys.

Time for a vasectomy. Most women are untrustworthy when it comes to pregnancy.

Latest resources

Back