Email from Airtran MEC: Secret MOU between SWA and SWAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes......and so do you right?
Difference is I may have exercise that option.

Doubt it, you were at Air Tran for a reason. If you had other options you would've exercised them already. But you're right. Feel free to go somewhere else and be happy!

Sweet!, looks like I'll be bidding BWI!!!!

Thought you loved ATL? Trying to get back to your Navy roots?

Doubt it, you were at Air Tran for a reason. If you had other options you would've exercised them already. But you're right. Feel free to go somewhere else and be happy!

Statements like that typically come from the weakest sort of pilot...... Especially when they're made anonymously by a guy with a whopping four years on the property.

Last edited:
Sweet!, looks like I'll be bidding BWI!!!!

Come on in to BWI Kharma.. It's nice, and the water is warm.. But don't worry about my position there.. I'll be out of BWI shortly.. I'll be commuting to upgrade.. Let me know when you downbid to FO so I'll be ready..

You're comparing Delta/NWA to Southwest/AAI? :laugh: You're funny man.

Kinda what I was thinking. This is where you really see the expectations of the AAI guys. Problem is, it doesn't really mess with reality. This wasn't even close to NW/DL. Not even the same ballpark.

Humvee,

Being proud of your product and advancement is one thing, but it not pilot specific. That comes from your company. So in the end, the AAI pilots only brought one thing to the table...seniority. Its all about the CBAs, not what the company is doing.

This debate is nauseating......The expectation that this would go down like DAL/NWA is unfounded, more so looking back on it now. It was subtle but the signs were there. Southwest prides itself on doing things differently than other airlines...sometimes to an extreme. But, the formula HAS worked for 40+ years. So who the hell am I to say wait...stop...your wrong. As a Southerner I also understand subtleties in the way we treat others when we think someone is being reasonable or not. As long as we think you are being reasonable, we are as nice as we can be. This can sometimes be construed as weak to the untrained eye. The switch is on or off. Gary was nice until we flipped his switch. I have a business degree(BBA) and most of the people I talk to outside of work are college friends or Fraternity Brothers. It is almost unbearable to talk to them about this job. Here is how it would go....."You mean to tell me that you bitched about getting paid what you thought you were worth...someone came along and said they will pay you....then you said....no...no..no..we want this, this, AND THIS. Long story short. We will be much better off in the long run under Gary Kelly than Bob Farnaro. That is a fact that can be supported objectively and subjectively.

39 yrs old
91% on combined seniority list
Staying at SWA

WHY ARE WE STILL ARGUING ABOUT STUFF WE HAVE NO CONTROLL OVER??

This thread is ridiculous!!

There are guys and gals on both sides who feel screwed. But over 80% voted yes on both sides. THAT IS THE ONLY TIME OR PLACE WE HAD ANY EFFECT ON IT!!

Most of us didn't negotiate, propose, write, recommend, or maufacture any of this.

WHAT DO WE CONTROL?

How we treat each other and how we act going forward. I hope all of this foolish name calling and vitriol is left at the parking garage when you come to work.

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS...

We have a great standard of living and quality of life compared any way you like...HISTORICALLY, vs THE REST OF THE PLANET, vs Many of our fellow citizens!!

LIFE AINT FAIR...QUIT MAKING IT UNPLEASANT TOO!!!

If you are going to be a capt at SWA...count your blessings

If you are already on the top 75% of the list...count your blessings

When you come to work...BE NICE...You only have one life...Lets enjoy it

I'll buy any tranny the first beer...but only if your dress matches your shoes..

Come on in to BWI Kharma.. It's nice, and the water is warm.. But don't worry about my position there.. I'll be out of BWI shortly.. I'll be commuting to upgrade.. Let me know when you downbid to FO so I'll be ready..

Ready for what? Beach volleyball?!

So in the end, the AAI pilots only brought one thing to the table...seniority.

Tell ya what slick.....Go to SWALIFE and read GK's mid-year update from last year...page 6...an entire page titled "why we bought Airtran"

Perhaps when GK explains it to you you'll understand.

Tell ya what slick.....Go to SWALIFE and read GK's mid-year update from last year...page 6...an entire page titled "why we bought Airtran"

Perhaps when GK explains it to you you'll understand.

Are you dense?

Re-read my post. What did the AAI pilots bring to the table? Not Airtan the company.
You see the difference? I might be asking to much of you though. Let me know.

Latest resources

Back