• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Email from Airtran MEC: Secret MOU between SWA and SWAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SW bought Airtran almost 2 years ago. Anything remotely delaing with the SIA or integration should be done with all parties. To not include ALPA is disingenuous and potentially violates good faith bargaining. We at Airtran feel as if we are SW managements foe instead of family. Does a healthy family not include certain family members in decisions that affect them?

I know some folks are pretty upset by this but it is no surprise to me. I expected it all long based on prior actions of SWAPA and SWA. I certainly do not see anything inappropriate or illegal. They (SWAPA) are ensuring that they capture ALL the captain seats whether or not SWA can get the integration completed on schedule. While I understand the agreement, it will be perceived as one more thing knife in the backs of AT captains.

The only reason ALPA MEC considers this to be a conspiracy is that ONCE AGAIN, they were caught flat footed by events that were easily anticipated.

Phred

SW bought Airtran almost 2 years ago. Anything remotely delaing with the SIA or integration should be done with all parties. To not include ALPA is disingenuous and potentially violates good faith bargaining.

It is not delaying the integration. The MOU basically states that the final vacancy bid (for AT CA seats) will be prior to 1/1/15 so that ONLY OSW FOs can upgrade. Even if SWA cannot complete the integration until December 2015, the AT CA seats will be assigned/alloted by the vacancy bid in 2014.

We at Airtran feel as if we are SW managements foe instead of family.

Yep! I have yet to fly with one person who feels otherwise. Although there are a few SWA cheeleaders out there...(aka maxblast).

Phred

Did you mention that to GK at the ATL message?

He knows. It was communicated pilots (not ALPA officers) that were invited to a dinner last year with GK in attendance. That specific topic was brought up. IMO, He either does not care or is ignoring the problem hoping it will go away.

Phred

Phred, I've yet to meet one AT who transitioned who feels as resentful-
So either a) pilots are lying to you bc you're outwardly opinionated and its easier
B) lying to me to make it more comfortable surrounded by OSW
Or c) something happens in transition training and online that creates some changes and a new perspective

Think you're holding on too tight

Last edited:
I know some folks are pretty upset by this but it is no surprise to me. I expected it all long based on prior actions of SWAPA and SWA. I certainly do not see anything inappropriate or illegal. They (SWAPA) are ensuring that they capture ALL the captain seats whether or not SWA can get the integration completed on schedule. While I understand the agreement, it will be perceived as one more thing knife in the backs of AT captains.

The only reason ALPA MEC considers this to be a conspiracy is that ONCE AGAIN, they were caught flat footed by events that were easily anticipated.

Phred

Like it or not, the capturing of ALL the AT capt seats were part of the deal. That was how it was sold to SWA pilots. SWA agreed to the date because they had to in order to get a yes vote from SWAPA. This has been cussed and discussed since SL10 came out.

Latest resources

Back