• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Email from Airtran MEC: Secret MOU between SWA and SWAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the only true comparison is with those pre buyout wages...

Ahh, No. The company was not negotiating with us and they had no reason to since they were working with SWA on the down low. The mindset for them would've been different had they not had that little gem in their back pocket.

Phred

AAI 12th yr CA (pre-merger): $152/hr
Avg credit hr per day: 6 hrs

12th Yr SWA FO: $132/TFP
Average TFP per day: 7 TFP

That looks like equal pay per day to me (which turns into a little higher total comp with profit sharing). You are going to have to explain to me how your W2 will be less if you work the same number of days at both airlines.

Also, if you don't think an NMB arbitration panel would have considered SWA's CBA (pay and QOL) when they issued their SLI award, I got a bridge to sell you out in Nevada.

I am comparing my current pay rate to current SWA FO Pay rate. What does pre merger have to do with anything? Pre merger It did'nt matter. Try using the real numbers this time. If you want use the numbers at the time of the SLI negotiations.
Max you and PCL should both consider employment in the Obama administration you will be a superstar. You can use your special accounting skills to explain how all these new govt programs aren't going to cost the tax payers one dollar more and PCL can present the legal difference of obama's domestic drone program vs the rights enemy combatants should have in Guantanamo bay.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't you use pre-merger numbers?

Isn't that what you were getting paid when the announcement was made?

Well, for one I thought with my seniority I would transition to capt so a side by side comparison with FO pay wasn't relevant.

Come on Red they were going to get like a Bazzzzillion dollars with the 97% strike vote. Just ask them. They would have come out better. Theri union is awesome. Even though FO pay was the same or better then your CA rates. Your FO rates were PATHETIC! You guys crack me up. And boo hoo I dont get to play big boy CA anymore.:bawling: How sad some of you are.

They got exactly what they were able to negotiate for. If things were so good on the AT side they would have had a better argument at the table and would have gotten a better deal. There is no disputing those facts.

It's all about CP seats....they wanted the pay, benefits, seniority, seat protections...all at the expense of RSW pilots...in short they wanted it all and the pilots from the bigger/stronger airline get squat...they may be in the ALPA play book but you got enuff in this deal...

Come on Red they were going to get like a Bazzzzillion dollars with the 97% strike vote. Just ask them. They would have come out better. Theri union is awesome. Even though FO pay was the same or better then your CA rates. Your FO rates were PATHETIC! You guys crack me up. And boo hoo I dont get to play big boy CA anymore.:bawling: How sad some of you are.

Thanks for letting us all know how you feel . . . . not that there was any doubt before. You must be one miserable and pathetic dude. :laugh:

Latest resources

Back