• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA: Time to learn from this vote.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well if that ain't the pot calling the kettle black, then I don't know what is....... Everything about your career up till this point has been "self-serving".... You don't go from Gulfstream to Pinnacle to Air Tran to "better the profession".......

Like I said, John, already answered that in a previous thread. And you can still go fu&* yourself.

Like I said, John, already answered that in a previous thread. And you can still go fu&* yourself.

Another impressive retort from the ALPA cheerleader section.....

Face it PCL..... you like the majority of people in this career do what is best for themselves...... You did what was best for you, not necessarily what was best for the profession....

hey john pennekamp

SkyWest pilots, don't be asking for our UNION PILOT jumpseats, and good luck moving on to a UNION mainline carrier.

hey john, don't let me catch you trying to ride a jumpseat on one our (SKYWEST) 2000+ flights a day to almost every state on the continent either...i'm sure our airline has more destinations than yours..and if you keep making threats like that, everyone is going to know your name...

And i know personally tons of guys leaving for Southwest, Delta, United...plenty of union carriers..we've been NON union for over 35 years, and never had problems getting hired other places...haha you're an idiot dude..

JP..... this is exactly the attitude that is killing ALPA....

Skywest pilots are all welcome on my jumpseat.....

JP if I find out you are denying Skywest pilots, then you will not ride my jumpseat, and I know who you are.....

Blame ALPA for being a total failure rather than the Skywest pilots.....

For those of you who don't know JP, he was a member of the ASA MEC..... the second most number of votes belonged to him...... Would you want him speaking on your behalf????

yeah you're right JOE..ASA pilots are all welcome on my (skywest) jumpseats anytime...Blame Alpa because they suck...jumpseats are for everyone..one jumpseat denial at a time can screw you, and your airline friends from riding on a carrier..i'd watch out JP..

yeah you're right JOE..ASA pilots are all welcome on my (skywest) jumpseats anytime...Blame Alpa because they suck...jumpseats are for everyone..one jumpseat denial at a time can screw you, and your airline friends from riding on a carrier..i'd watch out JP..

Ooooh I'm so scared. And when did FOs start approving jumpseats anyhow? Maybe you should just shut up, do your paperwork, and go get your captain his coffee, not make threats you can't back up, big FO man.

Re: ALPA: Time to learn from this vote

I would think the intelligent, objective Skywest pilots would realize using the Airways East/West integration as an example of a "failure" by ALPA National is flawed and misleading at its very best...especially considering the biggie of the last decade (scope).

That wasn't the point I'm trying to make. ALPA's decision to uphold the abitration award was fair and right in my view.

But you are correct, the US Airways pilot's bad behavior is connected at the hip with scope.

After the East pilots imposed their will on the Piedmont, Alleghany and PSA pilots via scope, (contract within a contract, slotted bidding, diversion of growth jet aircraft from Alleghany/Piedmont), they recoil in horror when they don't get their way and start a decertification drive. Ironic, no?

US Airways is one of the big players in ALPA. You don't see why a relatively small pilot group would exercise extreme caution when considering bringing ALPA on to their property?

Last edited:
Unions are more effective the more afraid they are of their workforce. That's why ALPA doesn't respond as quickly to the problems at the regional level -- we're not that scary. It's why all us "union sympathizers" should consider right-to-work rules.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-to-work#Economic_information

John you might want to do some fact checking before you post your BS...

Railway and airline employees are not protected by state Right to Work laws.

Under the RLA, you cannot be required to be a member of a union or pay it any monies as a condition of employment unless the collective bargaining agreement between your employer and your union contains a provision requiring all employees to either join the union or pay union fees.

Even if there is such a provision in the agreement, the most that can be required of you is to pay the union fees (generally called an "agency fee.")

http://www.nrtw.org/a/a_1_r.htm

Latest resources

Back