ALPA: Time to learn from this vote.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BrickTop

This recent vote should reiterate that if you want a Regional Airline to adopt your representation you will begin treating the Regional Airline pilots the way you treat the 10% of the pyramid in the Majors. If you want our annual dues prove to our pilot group, who is smart enough to learn from others misfortune of your under-delivery in services, we are far better off keeping our money.

Brick Top - the majors are still more than 60% of ALPA's membership, a majority the SkyWest vote helped ensure.

Apparently you missed the thread on ALPA's resolution of the RJDC issue.

Majority, or not, SkyWest's vote was a disappointing loss for SkyWest pilots and the profession. Pilots probably thought they were voting for what was best for them individually, but the educated decision for representation really was a win / win.

A question to chew over:

How can ALPA support both major and regional pilot groups who frequently have opposing agendas?

Another question:

How can we support ALPA with such misinformed views of how the system works?

Last edited:
Pilots dont understand what a Union will do PERIOID much less ALPA. Good luck with that deviation!

Bring it on $#!+head. Now I am really regreting my YES vote.

And I'm crying a river. I couldn't care less what you think. Bring it on? What would "it" be, tough guy?

Latest resources

Back