Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the dumbest question you've been asked as a pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
stupidest question I have had is? You make only how Much? WOW I thought pilots made more than that, thats how much I make as they laugh.....

Almost every time I'm standing in front of the airport smoking someone will pull up and ask if they can park there "for just a minute". I always say yes, the time limit's 30 minutes...:)

if anything happens to you can the FA land the plane?

As we stand right infront of a gate wating for the FA...a pax comes up and asks where the las vegas flight was.... I point to the gate right in front with a
Las Vegas NV. She tells me no the Las vegas Uthat flight.

This is true, I swear...

From my flight instructing days, since most of the stupid questions I get asked around the airport have been covered in the previous pages:

After spending an extremely long time planning a cross country flight, my private pilot student asks:

"So where are we going?"

Me: "Michelbob's, they have great BBQ."

Student: "No, the airport, what's the name of the airport we are going too?"

Me: "Naples... Didn't you just plan a flight there?"

Student: "Yeah... Where is it agian?"

This was the beginning of a very long day.

We don't make sh&t anymore as a profession and we work our collective b$tts off. But at least we can feel smug and superior when somebody who makes at least twice as much as us (metro bus driver for instance) asks us a question.

For instance everybody should know that the original Piedmont name was given to Henson airlines. It says so on about 55 dhc-8's in little letters right by the airstair door.

About a year ago myself and the crew were riding to the hotel in the hotel van. As we were carrying on the normal van driver/crew conversation, the van driver turns and asks, "so what do you do for a living?" We were in full uniform and he even asked us if we were Continental when he picked us up. That hands down is the dumbest question I've ever been asked and it completly ruined my "there are no dumb questions" attitude.

Under Fire said:
What's the dumbest question I've been asked as a pilot?.....Let me think.......Ah yes....

"Who's the suckiest Captain you have ever flown with at XJ"

yeah that would have to do it...

TOOL...:uzi:

Ahhh you must be one of those guys "they" talk about being the suckiest...

I fly 135 Freight, Lear20 series. I am 25 yrs old, flying w/ a 33 yr old captain.

person who picked up frieght: "so do you always fly with your dad on his trips?"

nice, ya jackass, he had me when he was 7 yrs old.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back