Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the dumbest question you've been asked as a pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While deadheading to begin IOE. The FO was in my class, this is his 2nd flight of IOE.

Girl sitting next to me: OMG that was a horrible landing (somewhat firm, not that bad though) everyone around hears
Me: hey, give the guy a break, it's his first day
Girl: How do you know?
Me: He was in my class, tomorrow is my first day
Girl: oh (looks embarassed)

Standing on the curb in EWR in uniform waiting for the crashpad van is the best place to stand to field stupid questions...

Q. "Excuse me, is my driver picking me up here?"
A. "Yes he is, he just called and said he'll be along shortly."

Q. "What gate is my flight leaving from?"
A. "I dont' even know where you are going much less what airline you are flying on or what time your flight leaves, how should I know what gate you are leaving from to get there?"

Not commercial flying, yet as a CFI I am 5' tall, and was in the C152, all the way back at station 41 before I pulled the seat forward. Student asks me "how do you see out the window?". My reply "I don't". Comfortably debating whetherI should move my seat forward or not...

Hotel employee: Are you guys bus drivers or something?

While deadheading we got stuck in a hold, and then had to divert for a fuel stop. Some guy on his way to the lav stops to ask if his flight to ONT is on time.

While commuting home once the lady next to me asks "Why don't you just fly for Northwest?"

Oh yeah, almost forgot (see signature line)

Last edited:
When can you start?

Oh wait, that wasn't the dumbest question, it was me who replied with the dumbest answer...

...two weeks.:crying:

Sorry, venting.

Q: Aren't you young to be a pilot?
A: Yes, that's why I'm with the make-a-wish foundation. They're letting me fly this leg.

Q: Isn't this plane a little small?
A: Greyhound's smaller.

Had a older guy spend 5 min telling me how he listened on his radio scanner to air traffic control and wanted me to tell him what different words (fixes) were like I knew where every fix was in the country.

As a cfi at a college, trying to explain the mixture to a student. I get the FIRE REQUIRES OXEGEN? and then seveal moments of drool out of the student.
The one i hate is are you old enogh to fly?
- Yea they are gona let me land at night next year.
- No but my dad was sick today and i have watched him a few times.
- Yes and in a few months i will be old enough to F**** you daughter.

My wife actually blasted me one time for being a pilot and not knowing the name of all US airports...:smash:

Latest resources

Back