Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the dumbest question you've been asked as a pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is not a pax question but it happened to me.

On a "long" stop (45 minutes) at a Big US airport (in uniform) I walked out the front doors just for something to do. As I walked by a car letting a grandmother type out when she quickly looks at me and says "take my bag and follow me". With the bag left at the curb she quickly walks into the terminal. I have nothing better to do and I just had to see where this was going, I grabed the bag and followed her to the ticket counter. At the counter she says "put the bag down here". The ticket agent looks at me (white pilot shirt, four stripes, Pilot Hat, and a I'm having too much fun here look) when the grandma pulls a whole dollar out of her purse and says "thank you" and quickly starts talking to the agent (as if I was not there anymore). I, of course, tip my hat and say "thank YOU ma'am" and look at the ticket agent who had the - what in the hell is going on here? look-. I smiled at the agent and walked away thinking "with what the company pays me - this is a bonus.

But for a question - A gray haired lady stops me just inside of a large airport front doors (I did stop walking there after this) and asks: "Is this ABC airport. I say "why, yes it is". She looks in wonder every where and says "it doesen't look the same as the last time I was here". I say "when were you here last"? She looks at me with wide eyes and says "Nineteen Fourty Seven". I look at her and say "Yes it has changed some since then"........

Latest resources

Back