Skywest announces IAH and MSP bases.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We are going to take a stand.

Obviously we all know why CAL [UAL] mgt chose non-union Skywest to do this flying. To my recollection, Skywest has never done flying that was this obviously contrary to another pilot group's CBA. Is that correct?

Skywest pilots who decide to do this flying need to know this will be considered a scab operation. That is the plain and simple fact. The term scab get's thrown around on here a lot, but in this case, it's exactly what they will be.

It's up to you to enforce your own scope, not the SKW pilots to interpret or uphold it. This is going to get worked out between you and management either through your respective lawyers or the court system.

As for this being a scab operations, I don't think you understand the actual meaning of a scab. You obviously just make up your own definition to fit your opinions in the industry.

It's up to you to enforce your own scope, not the SKW pilots to interpret or uphold it. This is going to get worked out between you and management either through your respective lawyers or the court system.

As for this being a scab operations, I don't think you understand the actual meaning of a scab. You obviously just make up your own definition to fit your opinions in the industry.

Just curious when is it up to Skywest pilots to fix the ridiculously low compensation that both your capts and especially your FO's take home?

After reading this the only people that seem upset about getting scope back is Skywest koolaid drinkers flying 70 and 90 seaters for crappy pay.

There is nothing to work out. CAL has it's own contract and it is fully in force. With CAL/UAL JCBA efforts now back to zero the issue is even less in flux. We are going to enforce our scope. Pilots who fly this will have to cross a picket line and it will be a scab operation. It is a 100% violation of a prevailing CBA.

There is no legal way for CAL[UAL] mgt to do this. Otherwise they would have included Republic. Or XJT would already have 70 seaters.

I can't believe the Skywest pilots can't see how perfectly CAL mgt is hanging them out to dry. This is a new low for Skywest

Edit: I've been in 3 labor unions as a pilot. I don't think the Skywest pilots know what's about to happen. An AFL-CIO CBA will have language that allieviates one labor union from performing work that is in violation of another union's work agreement.

Last edited:
How about this.

The majors get it in their contract that guarantees a job and class date to any regional pilot that walks off their job when asked to fly a route previously flown by the major. Talk about taking it back!

Unless there is mass hiring, how are you going to promise that?

I can't wait for ASA to start flying UAL 70 seaters out of IAH, CLE, and EWR just to watch Flopgut's head explode. Hey Flop, sounds like you and the UAL folks have some issues between the two groups. Maybe you need to worry about the UAL folks instead of worrying about Skywest.

I can't wait for ASA to start flying UAL 70 seaters out of IAH, CLE, and EWR just to watch Flopgut's head explode. Hey Flop, sounds like you and the UAL folks have some issues between the two groups. Maybe you need to worry about the UAL folks instead of worrying about Skywest.

If that could be done legally, XJT would already be doing it.... Proceed with caution Joe....

If that could be done legally, XJT would already be doing it.... Proceed with caution Joe....

Proceed with caution? I'm shaking in my boots. I'm getting more excited about that new United Express flying with each post you make.

Latest resources

Back