• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest announces IAH and MSP bases.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Like I said teens...the outsourcing ends now or we scuttle the ship. You are not getting your hands on our flying anymore.

Am I reading this right?

Is this another member of the 'union' I pay dues to threatening to go on strike to try to force his company to eliminate my job!?

RALPA anyone?

you don't have the balls to strike! Besides, the Gov won't allow it. So, try it, you jerk!

Hey KIDS, hope you are having a GRRREAT DAY. The CAL and UAL pilots don't have to strike at all, they just don't have to agree to a new joint contract, meaning a lot of the synergies won't be realized for management, including mangement bonuses. Also, Wall St. is watching this and WANTS a combined employee group, which means they will be pressuring new UAL management to give in. Do you really think new UAL management is running the show? Nope. Wall St people and Hedge funds, etc. are. And all the UAL/CAL pilots have to do to bring management to their knees is to fly block or better on their rotations. That will grind the operation to a halt. Most rotations have built in time that allows for delays and gives the ground people a bit more time to clean the plane if it arrives early, which happens most of the time. That supposedly happened at the old NWA and they had a new contract 2 weeks later, without a strike. BOB--Block or Better (on times). Now remember, I don't REALLY advocate that type of stuff, but it MIGHT work.....Don't count out the CAL and UAL pilots, KIDS.......

Regardless, ALL OF YOU ARE FANTASTIC PEOPLE. REALLY. REALLY, YOU REALLY ARE, REALLY. (I keep telling myself that anyway) And, respect your elders you crazy punks! (in Homer Simpson's dad's voice) HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY, and while you are at it, do something GREAT for someone, like offering a local begger a hug instead of a dollar. I am sure they would appreaciate the smell of your cologne rather than the smell of beer they would buy anyway! Try it! See ya!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Get out of my seat, Grandpa! And take you old hag FAs with you!!!

eP.

You will be moving backwards from your RJ to a Beech 1900 anyway. And, no stews on those planes--so you can hang out with your Captain in Laramie, WY. Enjoy that! HAVE A GREAT ONE.

Bye Bye---General Lee

After looking at this thread, it seems some of you just can resist blowing up the rules here.. I am just going to start deleting posts that are a problem.. no notice, if the thread suffers then so be it..
If the same people continue to violate the TOS, then I'll just give you time off.. no notice, no PM.. just gone...

Lear and and I have been coaching and explaining ourselfves to death for a long time now.. time for a different approach..............

Let this be your warning..

Clr4... Mod

You will be moving backwards from your RJ to a Beech 1900 anyway. And, no stews on those planes--so you can hang out with your Captain in Laramie, WY. Enjoy that! HAVE A GREAT ONE.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I'll enjoy that seat you've been keeping warm for me on the 75/76. If you can get my scope back just in time for me to take advantage it, that would be awesome!

So where's a good place to eat in Paris on my 36 hour layover?

Thanks DUDE!

eP.

Hey KIDS, hope you are having a GRRREAT DAY. The CAL and UAL pilots don't have to strike at all, they just don't have to agree to a new joint contract, meaning a lot of the synergies won't be realized for management, including mangement bonuses. Also, Wall St. is watching this and WANTS a combined employee group, which means they will be pressuring new UAL management to give in. Do you really think new UAL management is running the show? Nope. Wall St people and Hedge funds, etc. are. And all the UAL/CAL pilots have to do to bring management to their knees is to fly block or better on their rotations. That will grind the operation to a halt. Most rotations have built in time that allows for delays and gives the ground people a bit more time to clean the plane if it arrives early, which happens most of the time. That supposedly happened at the old NWA and they had a new contract 2 weeks later, without a strike. BOB--Block or Better (on times). Now remember, I don't REALLY advocate that type of stuff, but it MIGHT work.....Don't count out the CAL and UAL pilots, KIDS.......

Regardless, ALL OF YOU ARE FANTASTIC PEOPLE. REALLY. REALLY, YOU REALLY ARE, REALLY. (I keep telling myself that anyway) And, respect your elders you crazy punks! (in Homer Simpson's dad's voice) HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY, and while you are at it, do something GREAT for someone, like offering a local begger a hug instead of a dollar. I am sure they would appreaciate the smell of your cologne rather than the smell of beer they would buy anyway! Try it! See ya!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Shhhhh! Don't tell everyone, cause then it MIGHT not work. Dah.

No really though, please do your best to get scope back. I'm really looking forward to my seat at the majors. And of course, I'll never be as stupid as you old farts to give it up again. I've learned my lesson from your mistakes. But thanks for the 121 turbine time.

eP.

I'll enjoy that seat you've been keeping warm for me on the 75/76. If you can get my scope back just in time for me to take advantage it, that would be awesome!

So where's a good place to eat in Paris on my 36 hour layover?

Thanks DUDE!

eP.

THANKS FOR THAT DUDE. YOU'RE COMPLETELY AWESOME. Anyways....I actually do know some great restaurants in Paris, and every other major city in Europe. It really is fun to fly to those places, more like a mini-vacation actually. Do you know of any good cheap burger joints in small Colorado towns? I bet you do, sport. Good for you. And, your seat on a 75/76 is most likely to be in the last row of coach, in a middle seat, rather than flying it. Hey, I just call it like I see it, sorry.

Regardless, ALL OF YOU ARE FANTASTIC PEOPLE. REALLY COOL. And if you have time tonight, please, please, try to make someone feel good or happy, like telling eP he is actually cool, and not allowing him to look at himself in the mirror. He may actually realize he is the only one in his own fan club. See ya!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Shhhhh! Don't tell everyone, cause then it MIGHT not work. Dah.

No really though, please do your best to get scope back. I'm really looking forward to my seat at the majors. And of course, I'll never be as stupid as you old farts to give it up again. I've learned my lesson from your mistakes. But thanks for the 121 turbine time.

eP.

Yeah, you RJ guys are KINGS of Scope. Ask the Comair guys how that worked out. They went for pay, and forgot about Scope. Tell me one Regional that has it's own scope? I don't think you can, and YOU KNEW THAT. Have a great one, sport!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Bye Bye--General Lee

WTF is up with this synergy crap? Everyone has been using this word lately. Half probably don't even know what it means. Everytime I heary synergy I want to puke.

Amid all the rhetoric from the unions and individual pilots who make up the unions, I've yet to see any reason to be nervous.

Talk is cheap.

I understand the purpose of ALPA posturing over scope at the new UAL and elsewhere, so does most everyone in management. Hopefully General you'll spend the extra Delta dollars in your paycheck wisely, a restored GTO would be my suggestion. The extra pay being the consolation over the loss of scope.

As far as regional's not having scope, not sure what facet of it you're referencing, but I believe Expressjet had some stipulations that had to be (or perhaps still need to be) addressed before SkyWest INC completes the buy.

Latest resources

Back