• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest announces IAH and MSP bases.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WTF is up with this synergy crap? Everyone has been using this word lately. Half probably don't even know what it means. Everytime I heary synergy I want to puke.

Synergy , in general, may be defined as two or more agents working together to produce a result not obtainable by any of the agents independently (Wikipedia)

Hey PALS, HOPE YOUR DAY IS GOING GREAT. Anyways, the definition above states the obvious when it comes to a good merger, making one airline out of two, and making a better one. USAir hasn't achieved that, because they can't put the two pilot groups together. Putting two reservation systems together may produce a superior one. Putting two route maps with strengths all their own (strong in Asia and strong in Europe) will probably produce a very strong Airline. The same goes with employee groups---and I stated before some airlines may never get that particular synergy, which would make them even tougher to beat.

Regardless, I think ALL OF YOU ARE ABSOTUTELY FANTASTIC. Really suave and sophisticated CATS. And, if you have time tonight, try to do something great for someone, like telling an old, single flight attendant that it is normal to have 7 cats in your 800 sqft condo. See ya!

Bye Bye--General Lee

I have two investment condo's General, so I might actually go and check for cats. Hate the dern things.

THANKS FOR THAT DUDE. YOU'RE COMPLETELY AWESOME. Anyways....I actually do know some great restaurants in Paris, and every other major city in Europe. It really is fun to fly to those places, more like a mini-vacation actually. Do you know of any good cheap burger joints in small Colorado towns? I bet you do, sport. Good for you. And, your seat on a 75/76 is most likely to be my old seat because I'm too old and senile to be flying it. Hey, I just call it like I see it, sorry.

Regardless, ALL OF YOU ARE FANTASTIC PEOPLE. REALLY COOL. And if you have time tonight, please, please, try to make someone feel good or happy, like telling me I'm actually cool, and not allowing me to look at myself in the mirror. I may actually realize I'm a tall ugly redhead mother ********************er. See ya!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Ah, jenny, don't be so hard on yourself. And don't worry, I'll fly that 75/76 better than you ever could have.

eP.

Yeah, you RJ guys are KINGS of Scope. Ask the Comair guys how that worked out. They went for pay, and forgot about Scope. Tell me one Regional that has it's own scope? I don't think you can, and YOU KNEW THAT. Have a great one, sport!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Tell me one old ass airline pilot that has any reading comprehension.

Make sure you treat my PAXs well until I get there! In the mean time GTFOOMSOM!!!

eP.

Amid all the rhetoric from the unions and individual pilots who make up the unions, I've yet to see any reason to be nervous.

Talk is cheap.

I understand the purpose of ALPA posturing over scope at the new UAL and elsewhere, so does most everyone in management. Hopefully General you'll spend the extra Delta dollars in your paycheck wisely, a restored GTO would be my suggestion. The extra pay being the consolation over the loss of scope.

As far as regional's not having scope, not sure what facet of it you're referencing, but I believe Expressjet had some stipulations that had to be (or perhaps still need to be) addressed before SkyWest INC completes the buy.

Russ,

Hey old pal, hope you are doing AWESOME. Anyways, you haven't seen the parking of RJs lately? You haven't seen your 1% payraise offer from your CEO? You haven't seen the news about your MKE hubs probably going away? You haven't seen the analysis from most analysts showing RJs can't be profitable when oil is this high (in the $70s or $80s)? You haven't seen consolidation in this regional industry to try to get rid of the competitors? Do you really feel that all the UAL's and CAL's MECs talk is just rhetoric? The unions and the managment have just started the negotiations, and it sure doesn't seem like the unions have accepted anything. Management is trying to pull a fast one (using 70 seat jets in former CAL hubs), but that has been pointed out and a response is forthcoming, which was evident in the CAL MEC memo already posted.

The whole point of this post is this, YOUR GLORY DAYS MAY BE OVER. The RJs are a dying breed, and Regional CEOs are scrambling to try to get any feed they can, even though Mesa comes out of BK with an even lower going rate than before, taking that flying away from YOU GUYS at SKW. (I remember a thread all about SKW taking the US RJ flying at PHX) Undercutting will only get worse, and your next raise offer may be .5% if you are lucky. But hey, you obviously don't think there is anything to be worried about.............everything is great in your mind.....nothing will go wrong.......Idaho Falls is a great town........SKW will take care of you.....yada yada yada....YOU ARE IN THE CROSS HAIRS. Get used to it. The mainline pilots will not give up, and they have leverage this time. It will make or break a big merger. How is the USAir merger going anyway?? That's right, YOU DON'T CARE, yet. The word describing you tonight is BRAVADO. Here is the definition from Wikipedia:

bra·vado
noun
pretended courage or defiant confidence when one is really afraid

Regardless though, EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU IS FANTASTIC. REALLY. TOP OF THE CLASS IN A CLASS FULL OF OUTSTANDING PEEPS. And, if you have time tonight, PLEASE, do something nice for someone or something, like telling your prostitute neighbor that she actually smells nice for a change. See ya!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Tell me one old ass airline pilot that has any reading comprehension.

Make sure you treat my PAXs well until I get there! In the mean time GTFOOMSOM!!!

eP.

PURE GENIUS. WOW, I am sure you will get far, if you actually do ever get an interview anywhere, and somehow pass it. Good luck with that, sport.......(not gonna happen) Hey, in the meantime, try to enjoy Vernal, UT on that Beech. I bet you do like those Motel 6's. Why are you scratching yourself all over? Oh, I know why. Enjoy that.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I have two investment condo's General, so I might actually go and check for cats. Hate the dern things.

That's great. You may need that extra income eventually.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Regardless though, EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU IS FANTASTIC. REALLY. TOP OF THE CLASS IN A CLASS FULL OF OUTSTANDING PEEPS. And, if you have time tonight, PLEASE, do something nice for someone or something, like telling your prostitute neighbor that she actually smells nice for a change. See ya!

Bye Bye--General Lee

You smell nice for a change.

I figured I had time tonight.

eP.

You smell nice for a change.

I figured I had time tonight.

VD.

Wait, so you can smell through a computer? You can? Wow. I bet you do a lot with your computer. Enjoy that! Maybe someday you will have the courage to leave your Mom's basement and actually talk to a girl. Wait, nah, that probably won't happen. Oh well, your keyboard sure does think you are good looking. You have that going for you.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Wait, so you can smell through a computer? You can? Wow. I bet you do a lot with your computer. Enjoy that! Maybe someday you will have the courage to leave your Mom's basement and actually talk to a girl. Wait, nah, that probably won't happen. Oh well, your keyboard sure does think you are good looking. You have that going for you.

Bye Bye--General Lee

This post, ladies and gentleman, from someone with 14,357 posts! :laugh:

Have a good night, buddy.

vD. ;)

Latest resources

Back