Oct. 29, 2010

Contents
Chairman's Brief
Negotiating
Merger
Alliance Oversight - Pacific Antitrust Immunity
SPSC - CommutAir, SPSC Holiday Events, The Front Line
A MESSAGE FROM THE CHAIRMAN
I spent most of the week in ORD working with the Alliance Committee on Scope issues, the R&I Committee on how or if we should respond to some false assumptions being made by a few pilots on what is or is or is not a part of our JCBA proposal and with the JNC as they received management’s counterproposals for all the unresolved sections of the JCBA.

As I mentioned in last week’s brief, the Alliance Oversight Committee, along with other relevant experts and counsel, have been analyzing management’s announced plan that includes 70-seat United Express regional jet flying with the Continental code out of our hubs. We created a step-by-step process to ensure that we methodically review all pertinent aspects of the Company’s plan and determine our best course of action. The first step included a meeting with the Company this week to express our pilot group’s serious concerns and to explain that we believed the flying would be a violation of our Scope provisions. Most importantly, we asked management for an explanation as to how they believed these flights could be operated in compliance with our CBA. Unfortunately, they were not able to provide their justification yet, but promised to do so shortly. We will carefully review management's legal explanation if and when we receive one.

I cannot stress enough how extremely shortsighted it would be for the Company to move forward with these plans in violation of our CBA. I have made our stance on outsourcing well known to management, the public and to Congress. To attempt to circumvent the Scope section as almost the very first action of the merged UAL can only be viewed by our pilots as a direct affront on our interests and an insult to each of us. Not only will it adversely affect our negotiations for a JCBA, we are prepared to use all appropriate legal vehicles to bring resolution to this issue and ultimately prevent outsourcing in violation of our current CBA.

GO CAL and UAL MECs! You can do it!

Everyone else, HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY! Did I mention yet that ALL OF YOU ARE AWESOME? Sure you are. YOU KNOW IT. Go out and treat someone REAL nice tonight, like giving a homeless man a box of macaroni and cheese. That packet of dry cheese in the box probably could be snorted like a drug, but it isn't addictive, which is good news for the homeless guy. See ya!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Watch the profanity, people. Creative swearing to get around the filters is still swearing, and that will earn you time in the penalty box.

/mod

Contents
Chairman's Brief
Negotiating
Merger
I spent most of the week in ORD working with the Alliance Committee on Scope issues, the R&I Committee on how or if we should respond to some false assumptions being made by a few pilots on what is or is or is not a part of our JCBA proposal and with the JNC as they received management’s counterproposals for all the unresolved sections of the JCBA.

As I mentioned in last week’s brief, the Alliance Oversight Committee, along with other relevant experts and counsel, have been analyzing management’s announced plan that includes 70-seat United Express regional jet flying with the Continental code out of our hubs. We created a step-by-step process to ensure that we methodically review all pertinent aspects of the Company’s plan and determine our best course of action. The first step included a meeting with the Company this week to express our pilot group’s serious concerns and to explain that we believed the flying would be a violation of our Scope provisions. Most importantly, we asked management for an explanation as to how they believed these flights could be operated in compliance with our CBA. Unfortunately, they were not able to provide their justification yet, but promised to do so shortly. We will carefully review management's legal explanation if and when we receive one.

I cannot stress enough how extremely shortsighted it would be for the Company to move forward with these plans in violation of our CBA. I have made our stance on outsourcing well known to management, the public and to Congress. To attempt to circumvent the Scope section as almost the very first action of the merged UAL can only be viewed by our pilots as a direct affront on our interests and an insult to each of us. Not only will it adversely affect our negotiations for a JCBA, we are prepared to use all appropriate legal vehicles to bring resolution to this issue and ultimately prevent outsourcing in violation of our current CBA

Like I said teens...the outsourcing ends now or we scuttle the ship. You are not getting your hands on our flying anymore.

Maybe if you post the same letter 3 more times and put a copy under your pillow at night while playing a tape repeating "regional pilots are a bunch of stupid teenagers that stole our flying", you can cure your erectile dysfuntion.

It's YOUR scope you idiot. YOU gave it away. What the @#&% did regional pilots have to do with it?

Why don't you dazzle us all with some more of your lack of understanding and general asssholiness.

Like I said teens...the outsourcing ends now or we scuttle the ship. You are not getting your hands on our flying anymore.

I'll never support you after the condescending, divisive, nasty way you've treated us.

Good luck with your negotiations.

Contents
Chairman's Brief
Negotiating
Merger

I cannot stress enough how extremely shortsighted it would be for the Company to move forward with these plans in violation of our CBA. I have made our stance on outsourcing well known to management, the public and to Congress. To attempt to circumvent the Scope section as almost the very first action of the merged UAL can only be viewed by our pilots as a direct affront on our interests and an insult to each of us. Not only will it adversely affect our negotiations for a JCBA, we are prepared to use all appropriate legal vehicles to bring resolution to this issue and ultimately prevent outsourcing in violation of our current CBA

Get out of my seat, Grandpa! And take you old hag FAs with you!!!

eP.

Latest resources

Back