• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest announces IAH and MSP bases.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ha, you mainline guys will not take anything back. You opened the door, the 50 seaters will be gone, and replaced with 70 seat jets.

You cant stop it. MGMT will throw the senior guys some cash and the vote will pass. MGMT knows this, enter 70 seaters in IAH.. Good luck.

I wish this wasn't the case, but it happened before, why would it not happen again ?

A nice try by Jeff and the gang to one up us over here at UAL and CAL. A shot over the bow if you will. Mark my words. We have no JCBA yet so don't think for one second we will allow this. We will strike long before we let the teenagers take our flying. This S hit will stop or there will be no airline left. We will burn it down.

Quit drinking and posting... You don't have the ball$ to strike

I am pretty sure that the Star Alliance agreement that CAL entered into, allows SKYw to operate flights out of IAH for UNITED. You didn't cry when your passengers got on a UAL 737, why do you think an arbitrator will buy that you have the right to tell mgmt that they cant put them on a United Express 70 seater. You are Continental, but United has a right to schedule their contracts out of their hubs, old and new, however they want. Look at the EWR schedule starting in Jan for Shuttle America.

A nice try by Jeff and the gang to one up us over here at UAL and CAL. A shot over the bow if you will. Mark my words. We have no JCBA yet so don't think for one second we will allow this. We will strike long before we let the teenagers take our flying. This S hit will stop or there will be no airline left. We will burn it down.

says the guy from the airline heavily stocked with scabs.........

maybe it'll actually happen that way...and a new group of scabs will pick up the fire house and put out the fire......wouldn't that be a bitchy karma

I am pretty sure that the Star Alliance agreement that CAL entered into, allows SKYw to operate flights out of IAH for UNITED. You didn't cry when your passengers got on a UAL 737, why do you think an arbitrator will buy that you have the right to tell mgmt that they cant put them on a United Express 70 seater. You are Continental, but United has a right to schedule their contracts out of their hubs, old and new, however they want. Look at the EWR schedule starting in Jan for Shuttle America.

what routes are shuttle america going to be flying out of ewr

I hope, for the sake of my future you hold strong! I want to work for a major, this is still a stepping stone for those of us who still see the big picture.

But I'm not a SkyWest pilot.

Ya, that's real important to me.

All of this was given away by the legacies...............

Question: If the mainline goes on strike to "stop" outsourcing to the regionals, what would the back to work agreement be? Elimination of the regionals? So tell me, what happens if said regional pilots you want to put out of work refuse to honor your picket line en masse?

Sounds like the end of ALPA to me.

So let me get this straight. There are a faction of pilots - IN MY UNION- that are wanting/willing to strike so that I lose my job??? They will strike to eliminate my job, put me out of work, and cause me to lose my home, cars and possessions. Gee, maybe my Wife will even divorce me and take my child! SOME UNION!!!!!

Is this the part now where you lecture me that I stole mainline jobs....because that is not what happened, and I certainly never lobbied to take a mainline job and put someone out of work. I never threatened to strike in order to take a job away from someone.

With friends like these.............

BTW. Eliminating jobs at the Regional level DOES NOT, HAS NOT, AND NEVER WILL GUARANTEE MORE JOBS AT A MAINLINE!!! PERIOD! Those at the regionals thinking this is a future windfall for them are flat out wrong! In fact, less regional feed means potentially LESS mainline jobs because there will be less people at the hub to fly. Mainline will never viably fly feeder routes.

I PRAY CAL/UAL alpa holds up on scope and stops giving 51+seat contracts.

I PRAY CAL/UAL alpa holds up on scope and stops giving 51+seat contracts.

-Ronald Reagan

Hmmm...isn't scope a variation of government allowed union protectionist policy?

Support free market capitalism and abolish protectionist scope!

Latest resources

Back