• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest announces IAH and MSP bases.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Question: If the mainline goes on strike to "stop" outsourcing to the regionals, what would the back to work agreement be? Elimination of the regionals? So tell me, what happens if said regional pilots you want to put out of work refuse to honor your picket line en masse?

Sounds like the end of ALPA to me.

It ends it period. You teens just don't get it. SCOPE IS NUMBER ONE WITH OUR JNC. EITHER WE GET IT BACK OR WE PUT THIS AIRLINE DOWN. You and all your teenager friends here on FI will have to go back to flight instructing like you should have been all along. It's high time to bring back our furloughed brothers and sisters and higher wages and put all of you wonder pilots and those that could never cut it back on the street. C11 may have taken our scope but we will get it back or shut it down. Have a sh it tty day in your CRJ or your E170.

WHAT IS WITH THIS "YOU TEENS" B.S?!?!?!?!??!

I'll tell you what, Guppy A-hole! I am far from a "teen"!!!!! I am 39 years old, have a 4 year college degree, have nearly 12,000 hour, 10,000 turbine time and 11 years of 121 flying! How am I a teen? And nearly all of my colleagues are the same! Your arguements fall on deaf ears when you use stupid cliches to belittle others! Taking a play right out of Gen Lee's playbook! People that fly at Regionals are not "Teens" or "Punks"! At ASA there are probably 200 pilots that have been ther 15-20 freaking years! You guys wanna keep using stupid, belittling phrases to characterize people you have NO BUSINESS BEING ANGRY AT ------ go right ahead! You come off as shallow, stupid, angry people!

It ends it period. You teens just don't get it. SCOPE IS NUMBER ONE WITH OUR JNC. EITHER WE GET IT BACK OR WE PUT THIS AIRLINE DOWN. You and all your teenager friends here on FI will have to go back to flight instructing like you should have been all along. It's high time to bring back our furloughed brothers and sisters and higher wages and put all of you wonder pilots and those that could never cut it back on the street. C11 may have taken our scope but we will get it back or shut it down. Have a sh it tty day in your CRJ or your E170.

I work for Delta, numbnuts. Now why don't you try again, and we'll discuss this like adults, without the insults, because I posed a serious question.

It's not likely that the regional pilots will support a strike that will put them out of jobs. The threat of being on a scab list won't carry much weight with the lifers. So how would you win a strike like that? Seems to me that's EXACTLY what management wants to happen! They will be able to permanently outsource all narrow body feed if you walk off the job.

So maybe it's time to tone down the rhetoric and find an "adult" solution to the problem like One List in a brand?

I work for Delta, numbnuts. Now why don't you try again, and we'll discuss this like adults, without the insults, because I posed a serious question.

It's not likely that the regional pilots will support a strike that will put them out of jobs. The threat of being on a scab list won't carry much weight with the lifers. So how would you win a strike like that? Seems to me that's EXACTLY what management wants to happen! They will be able to permanently outsource all narrow body feed if you walk off the job.

So maybe it's time to tone down the rhetoric and find an "adult" solution to the problem like One List in a brand?

I've been saying this for a while now... If mainline had it's way 99% of domestic flying would be a crj900 or E-170. Mgmt knows the senior guys and gals will not strike. In fact they would love a strike, they would farm out the flying immediately. More RJ'S mean more people into the hub to fly them around the world in your boeing's

I have a feeling this could turn into a US/AMW 2 episode, going to be fun to watch. the RJ'S are here to stay, i would focus on the number of them you want and not so much the elimination.

So let me get this straight. There are a faction of pilots - IN MY UNION- that are wanting/willing to strike so that I lose my job??? They will strike to eliminate my job, put me out of work, and cause me to lose my home, cars and possessions. Gee, maybe my Wife will even divorce me and take my child! SOME UNION!!!!!

Is this the part now where you lecture me that I stole mainline jobs....because that is not what happened, and I certainly never lobbied to take a mainline job and put someone out of work. I never threatened to strike in order to take a job away from someone.

With friends like these.............

BTW. Eliminating jobs at the Regional level DOES NOT, HAS NOT, AND NEVER WILL GUARANTEE MORE JOBS AT A MAINLINE!!! PERIOD! Those at the regionals thinking this is a future windfall for them are flat out wrong! In fact, less regional feed means potentially LESS mainline jobs because there will be less people at the hub to fly. Mainline will never viably fly feeder routes.

Well said, my thoughts exactly.

Yuppyguppy

Civ/Mil: civilian
A/C Flown: 737, 727, DC-9, 717, A320, E145, Bae3100,c90
Ratings: FAA
Total Time: 8000+

Um.......I'm sorry, what were you saying?

Yawn, United and CAL will cave, unfortunately. Don't pay any attention to the mainline guys beating their chests. They have a price and their company will pay it. We 40+ year old teenagers will just keep flying at the regional level enjoying great time off, decent pay and job security. Yup I said job security cause mainline will always sellout.

Also, why would you list the 717 and the DC9 as 2 different airplanes? No doubt, he would make fun of one of us "teenagers" for listing the CRJ200 and the CRJ700 as different aircraft types.

Latest resources

Back