• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest announces IAH and MSP bases.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like SkyWest is getting 17 more 700's to fly for the NEW United. The ship has sailed boys and you ain't gettin it back!

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=SKYW

There's the quote for SKYW. Where is this announcement of 17 more 700's exactly? Despite the tape already being off, I don't think SKYW would be down 1.3% if they secured new 'business'. Please enlighten us. Did Jerry whisper that in your ear last night? Or are you just another pathetic flame artist?

Last edited:
Looks like SkyWest is getting 17 more 700's to fly for the NEW United. The ship has sailed boys and you ain't gettin it back!

I keep hearing the new ASA is getting the rest of Horizon's 700s to fly for United outta ORD(Probably with a lil bit of IAH, EWR, and CLE sprinkled in there)

The contract the new ASA signed with CAL includes 15 growth aircraft. Since CAL is now the same as UAL maybe it will be the 700s

I keep hearing the new ASA is getting the rest of Horizon's 700s to fly for United outta ORD(Probably with a lil bit of IAH, EWR, and CLE sprinkled in there)

The contract the new ASA signed with CAL includes 15 growth aircraft. Since CAL is now the same as UAL maybe it will be the 700s

CAL is not the same as UAL. They still have a scope and hope it stays that way. ASA pay for a 70 seater is a joke !!!!

Oh ya and don't forget ASA is now a SUPER REGIONAL !! Better get ready to pay super rates.

Regionals gain, and loose planes all the time. It's part of the shell game known as whipsawing. Like squeezing a water balloon, one Regional airline grows, another shrinks. Until one day, pop! Your contract isn't renewed (Mesa). Ask the Comair career pilots how that's working out for them. Once of the biggest DAL feeders. Air Wisconsin was a huge UAL feeder. Westair, gone. Atantic Coast, gone. The list of defunct Regional airlines makes the defunct major list look like a walk in the park.

Don't plan on moving out of your one bedroom apartment yet, that upgrade may not be as close as you think junior. Instead of celebrating good paying jobs going to low pay airlines, you might consider what your future holds. A future of whipsawing at low pay, or job at major where you are not limited by another pilot's airline contract (scope).

Last edited:
CAL/UAL management was nice enough to post a memo today. I personally want to thank the Joe Merchant's of the world for helping CAL to recall 148 furloughed pilots through 'hub enhancement' efforts; their words (aka the words of the good guys). :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Are they there yet? Don't get so cocky. And, did you flunk an interview at a major? Sounds like it. You are giddy like a little girl about RJs replacing more mainline routes. I bet you have a big "L" on your forehead.

This thread is almost as gay as you are.

eP.

RJs are definitely tight. Just like your finances.

Instead of all the bickering, name calling, and my W2 is bigger than yours, what can we at the majors do to help the ones at the regionals bring their pay up to our level. If we can all work together to to remove the cost advantage of lower wages at the regional, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Once again we are all fighting amongst ourselves while management laughs all the way to the bank. Are we really that stupid?

Instead of all the bickering, name calling, and my W2 is bigger than yours, what can we at the majors do to help the ones at the regionals bring their pay up to our level. If we can all work together to to remove the cost advantage of lower wages at the regional, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Once again we are all fighting amongst ourselves while management laughs all the way to the bank. Are we really that stupid?

Yes.

And thats a serious answer.

Latest resources

Back