• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest announces IAH and MSP bases.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If there is a position on refusing jumpseat access, I would not be surprised to see UAL/skywest management positive space pilots to from domiciles to counter any negative effects on the operation. U got to think outside the box. D

Would one of you CAL pilots throwing the term "scab" around please post the part of your scope that prohibits United from operating 50+ seat United Express flights out of IAH, CLE, or EWR...Chapter and verse let's hear the language...

"This sucks, change it" is not a violation of the contract. Give us the language that is being violated.

It's funny how Mainline pilots are beating their chests about scope, when about 60 of their own furloughed pilots (United) are working for Go-jets. The alter ego of Trans States, who were established for the very reason to avoid scope. Hmmmmmm.....

it's funny how mainline pilots are beating their chests about scope, when about 60 of their own furloughed pilots (united) are working for go-jets. The alter ego of trans states, who were established for the very reason to avoid scope. Hmmmmmm.....

nice post!!

It's funny how Mainline pilots are beating their chests about scope, when about 60 of their own furloughed pilots (United) are working for Go-jets. The alter ego of Trans States, who were established for the very reason to avoid scope. Hmmmmmm.....

Good point! The other thing they don't realize is that many of the junior Skywest pilots are furloughed United pilots...Just wait until they start denying their own furloughed pilots the jumpseat....

Flopgut or anyone,

As a skywest guy who plans to avoid IAH 700 flying at all cost (and who voted for ALPA twice).......

What about shuttle america? Why is all the talk about skywest?

Am I starting to see a double standard here? Also, there is a very real chance that many of the IAH FO's may be furloughed united jet-for-jobs guys. Could add another wrench to the mix. Another thought, hardly a week goes by that I don't have a united guy in the jumpseat. flew one from SFO yesterday. A jumpseat war could hurt alot of people.

Please realize that most people here are not in the least bit excited about IAH.

Don't sign any apartment leases in Houston just yet.

Would one of you CAL pilots throwing the term "scab" around please post the part of your scope that prohibits United from operating 50+ seat United Express flights out of IAH, CLE, or EWR...Chapter and verse let's hear the language...

"This sucks, change it" is not a violation of the contract. Give us the language that is being violated.

Joe,

You won't be a scab, just that lucky got that made a career out of a commuter. You've made it awful big for yourself there. I mean how cool is it getting hired to fly 10 legs in a TP yet ending up captaining a shiny jet that has slats! I bet those buds of yours from new hire class at ASA must be jealous of you. After all while they might be sitting reserve on a widebody flying 3 days/month, we all know that pales compared to your 100K/weekends off lifestyle.

I could give you the entire verbage of our Scope section and argue that upcoming IAH/EWR flying is a blatant violation. In fact most fair minded people would probably agree that using the loophole of UAL codeshare on routes historically entirely flown by CAL mainline is weak at best.

You would respond by disagreeing and then going on a diatribe about how it's not your fault mainline careers have been shattered in order for you to be a career RJ capt. You would further question the gall of self righteous mainline pilots for seeking to hurt your existence as you work towards two decades at a commuter.

Sorry Joe, your opinon doesn't count and neither does mine. The only opinion that will count is the court. For that I have to differ to our scope committee (which is very good btw) and more lawyers then I care to bring up. So go ahead and keep beating this post across the internet boards. I'm sure you nobody will give YOU the explanation YOU believe...

Last edited:
SkyWest FOs are the highest paid in the regional biz. (Had a 7 year FO the other day who will make about 63K this year). Capts are more in the middle.

We've been over this.

Wow, that will fund junior's college nest in no time!

Latest resources

Back