• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regions Air????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Regions air is a big piece of garbage their airplanes are nothing but flying coffins

Regardless of what I think of the way MQY has handled their responsibilities I learned to like the jball. It's way tougher than those streched king airs. The fact that management is as fracked up as a soup sandwich has nothing to do with the safety of yesteryears technology. There are probably situations where the performance is optomistic but those figures were computed for new aircraft with new engines...

Doug-I remember when crapex ran 99+% reliability. Those dipsticks just got tired of dealing with cancled and late flights and I can't blame them. See, even AM was giving them longevity raises. Crapex didn't do that for them nor would they lease, beg, borrow or otherwise establish the requsite supply chain to support the mission. That is not a reflection on the fine crewmembers- I have been told you were one of the good guys by reliable sources. In the STL system at least all of us were in the same cesspool-we all had our pay frozen at the same time!

For years I have ranted. It is a hollow victory that I am vindicated by the sophmoric manner in which the Saab program was launched...even as we write back and forth to each other it dies slowly, cold and alone for lack of proper planning and execution. All y'all have my most profound sympathy who are still trapped there trying to do the impossible for the ungrateful.

One bit of good news that I have heard is that the wicked witch of HR is on the way out, though regretably under her own power...like a rat leaving a sinking ship. May the sharks feast upon her first!

Last edited:
And the difference is?

if you have to ask, then you weren't there. that is all. see ya, sk
ps. hey george, i fly with guys that know you from the midway days

A J-ball yesterday is the same as a j-ball today, and the people that are there now are forming the same type relationships that you formed when you were there. Just because you worked there a while ago doesn't mean that your any better than the pilots putting up with it today. If anything the guys putting up with the level of insanity at corpex today are better than the pilots that were there when it was a well oiled machine. I do agree with you on one thing though, I hope the pilots that are there get what they deserve, better jobs, and I don't just wish that for a couple of guys that I know that are still there. I wish that for all of them.

Also, no one said you were hiding anything and no one pointed out that you do not post here often.

And the difference is?

if you have to ask, then you weren't there. that is all. see ya, sk
ps. hey george, i fly with guys that know you from the midway days

Ahhhh...that was many scars ago! Didn't I ride with you on one of your last jball flights? Or do I have the wrong SK?

Way2-I don't know that crapex was ever a "well-oiled machine"...ever. The RDU system operated on it's own with minimal supervision. We knew our jobs. HQ sent parts and supplies. Sked would frack people over periodically, but we pretty well took care of ourselves. Given the supplies that we needed we could do the job with minimal interfearance from chaos command. We whipped in from the outstations, the releases and manifests were (like as not) together on a clipboard-if not we could get Saber to print them, no begging the station manager to set out more paper or releases or a new printer ribbon...then we told the gate we were ready to go. If the fuelers did their jobs and MDW had the A team working the gates it was good to go. The Station Manager/Lead Mechanic was a workaholic. MX had parts. It was a good team that never should have been broken up-he should have replaced VS in STL account his seniority but they kept her instead-much to the distress of those that know a good station manager when we see one!

Last edited:
hey george,
yeah, but then again, who didnt you fly with on one of their last jball flights. actually, the last was 4ness, i think. did he give up the flying game and go sell signs full time in nashville or what. good guy, that one.

hey george,
yeah, but then again, who didnt you fly with on one of their last jball flights. actually, the last was 4ness, i think. did he give up the flying game and go sell signs full time in nashville or what. good guy, that one.

Uh, yeah, I was the FO eliminator! hehehe...

Don't know-wouldn't blame him though!

Uh, yeah, I was the FO eliminator! hehehe...

Don't know-wouldn't blame him though!

You rode with me on one of mine. I miss smoking cigs in STL with all the folks, although I quit smoking. Which, by the way, was alot easier to do after leaving corpex. haha

On a side note, sometimes on FI things are misinterpreted, and as a mod here I get to see all the reported posts and maybe I am a little jaded sometimes. I don't really know what was meant by the "flying coffin" comment. I probably read way to far into it, but in my defense it was random comment, so what do you expect?
I don't think any one pilot to grace the seat of a Jetstream with his/her butt is any better than the next. And yes, I do know the company has gone through alot of change in the last couple of years. But what I love about Corpex/Regions is that they always seem to find a way to hang on. Just look at these threads from 2004 when everyone thought it was over. And guess what, they are still here.

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=39009&highlight=Corpex

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=35643&highlight=Corpex

To Belchfire I am most apprecitive of your kind words.

Hmm, I didn’t think I was tough on 754, I just totally disagreed with belchfire when he said “…It is my most humble opinion that you deserved the place though…” I guess 754 has selective advice appreciation. He only listens to what he likes to hear.

Nevertheless, for the sake of the argument belch, let's go back to the crew room rhetoric for a second. I honestly don't understand why you think “he deserved the place…” Are you being sarcastic and think he deserves some “abuse” at Regions or do your really mean he “deserves” to work at Corpex? If so, why do you say that?

Wouldn’t you say JN knows way more about this individual from her dealings with him than you and I do by reading his posts? Like I said, I’m confused. Do I feel sorry for him? Yes. However, do I think he “deserves” to work at Regions? No, I think Jen did what she had to do and 1oearly was right when he said the guy would never survive the crew room. So what do you know about the guy that makes you feel differently about him? What say you?

Btw, did 4ness really get out of flying? Hope it’s not true.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back