• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regions Air????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any talks of what they are going to do with the staffing?
Will they train Saab drives on the wonderful J-ball?

I've heard that the Captains would be re-qualed, but I also heard the Saab would dig Regions out of the hole they're in.

Airport Authority Selects New Air Carrier
[SIZE=-2]Posted Wednesday, January 10, 2007 ; 06:12 PM[/SIZE]

The Benedum Airport Authority Board has selected Colgan Air to replace RegionsAir.

BRIDGEPORT -- After months of mounting frustrations with its current air carrier, the Benedum Airport Authority voted Wednesday to endorse Colgan Air as its replacement.

"Words cannot fully express our frustration with (RegionsAir)," said Jim griffith, the Harrison-Marion Regional Airport manager.

How sad, really unbelievably sad how an airline with the LOWEST paid pilots can be losing money!

Unfortunately, this might be next: http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0151520/M/

Please note which airline those airplanes used to belong to! :(

When bankruptcy was imminent at Independence Air, their chief pilot and some upper management let the majority of their pilots take a day off and attend a job fair. If my memory serves me right, one of their check airmen told me at an AirInc jobfair they cancelled over 190 flights that day alone!
He said, “We knew that they’d all either call in sick or we could be proactive and cancel the flights in advance and let the passengers fly a different airline that day.” I heard their chief pilot and some other check airmen later got in trouble with the CEO of the company, but so what? Independence went belly-up some 3 weeks later.

I mention this because I hope everyone will get a chance to go to a seminar pretty soon – just in case of course! :)

Also, Belchfire mentioned earlier paying off union dues and I do agree. If you ever happen to be hired at an airline that has Teamsters – and you’re not up-to-date on your union dues - they will have a record of that – trust me. I’m not going to get into an argument on whether they actually did anything for you or not because I wasn’t there. I’m just saying, keep your options open – the last thing you need while looking for a job is to know that the airline you finally managed to get an interview with has Teamsters on board and that they are a “closed shop” (which of course they all are)

Don’t know anything about the company but I found this Jetstream Position:

Jetstream 3100 Captains and FOs
Ad started: Dec 20

Company Name: Pan Am Clipper Connection
Email Address: [email protected]
Fax Number: 603-766-2087
Minimum Requirements: See Job Description

Job Description

Works under direct supervision of the Fleet Manager (Jetstream 3100) and the overall direction of the Chief Pilot. Maintains a high level of knowledge in the following areas: Company Policies, the General Operations Manual, FAA regulations and other technical data appropriate to aircraft operations. Conduct flight operations in strict compliance with company policies, procedures and federal regulations. Maintains currency requirements with regards to medical, training and hourly flight requirements. Maintains a high level of personal decorum, professional conduct and personal appearance.

Job Requirements

Excellent interpersonal and cognitive skills. Position requires some physical exertion such as lifting passenger baggage. Must be willing to work long hours including evenings, weekends and holidays. Extensive travel required with numerous overnights.

Education Requirements

Captain: ATP with 1st Class Medical First Officer (Commercial w/instrument rating) and able to obtain 1st Class Medical Required Experience:

Captain: 3500 Total Time (PIC), 1000 hours PIC in Multi Engine aircraft with 250 Hours Turbine experience

First Officer: 1200 Total Time (PIC) and 100 Multi-Engine PIC experience.

Contact Info

Pan Am Clipper Connection

14 Aviation Ave
Portsmouth, New Hampshire03801
Fax: 603-766-2087
Email: [email protected]
How to apply: by Email, by Mail, by Fax
http://www.findapilot.com/index.php?a=2&b=1300

Also, if you ever consider a job outside the US, I understand China is the fastest growning airline market right now, but there are many other markets too. If you have no family and are willing to try something different, look into this:

Total Technical Support Ltd
PILOTS AND CO-PILOTS FOR BAE 146 RJ70

placed on: 03/01/2007
(translated from foreignese that's Jan 3, 2007 ;))

INDIA
$8000 + PER MONTH PILOTS//$6000 CO-PILOTS
Experienced Pilots and Co- Pilot required for BAR 146 RJ70 aircraft.
minimum 6 month contract a 1 year contract will be offered.
Contract to start before 1st Feb 07
1. The flight crew will be based in Delhi.
2. Contract will be for six months initially.
3. Accommodation and all flights will be provided for.
4. Contract is based on salary. Flying more than 75 hours wil be paid extra.
5. Routes are regional. Mainly around Delhi, all within 600 miles.
6. start accommodation provided
7.Full medical cover plus 2 flights home per year

Requirements as follows:-
Pilots :

1.Should have current valid rating on type.
2. Current medical category
3.Minimum 100 hrs as PIC on type
4.Total 2000 hrs PIC experience

CO-PILOTS

1.Valid Professional Pilot license
2.Minimum 100 hrs on type as P2, or Minimum 500 hrs on multi engine, or Minimum 1000 hrs total flying with type endorsement

Remember - they are very short on pilots, even if you do NOT meet all requirements - apply anyway, you just nere know!

How about Africa?
(2 months ON 1 month OFF)
Direct Personnel International Ltd
SAAB340 CAPTAINS

placed on: 05/10/2006

An excellent position has come up for Captains on the SAAB340 based in Africa. This opportunity includes a great salary, accomodation and 2 month on, 1 month off roster pattern.

Captains must have the following qualifications:

*Minimum of 3000 hours total flying
*Ideally a minimum of 500 PIC on type
*Current SAAB340 type rating
*Hold a valid medical cert
*No history of accidents or incidents
*Last flight in the last 12 Months
*Last Sim check 3-9 Months

Reference: 340BK

http://www.aviationjobsearch.com/employer.asp?employerid=110&vacID=57925

SOUTH PACIFIC?
ATR42-500 CAPTAINS AND FIRST OFFICERSplaced on: 02/10/2006 SOUTH PACIFIC
COMPETITIVE Opportunity for ATR42-500 Captains and First Officers to work in South Pacific. 1 year (renewable) contract. Start: November, 2006.
CAPTAINS:
ICAO ATPL (= FAA ATP)
3,000 hours total time
400 hours on type

FIRST OFFICERS
ICAO CPL (= FAA COM)
2,500 hours total time
350 hours on type

Reference: 847
http://www.aviationjobsearch.com/employer.asp?employerid=1671&vacID=57701

Been to MQY lately? It nearly looks like that now.

I have but not the airport itself - just the “cool people” hangout :) You know, training dept. ;)

It truly sucks what’s happening at Regions right now. I guess a part of me still hopes that somehow, it’ll all work out after all, but I’ve heard most guys/gals have given up. Like I said – it’s a shame!

Only if BlowJets turns you down should anyone even consider interviewing with this company.
:puke:
RegionsAir->

-ATCT & Canadair RJ

From what I have heard, If GOJETS turns you down you should consider either eating a bullet or a new career...you either:

1. have too many DUIs

2. can't fly a paper airplane

3. might only have a student pilot license

4. might be a wanted criminal and they dont want you arrested on an overnight

I’m just saying, keep your options open – the last thing you need while looking for a job is to know that the airline you finally managed to get an interview with has Teamsters on board and that they are a “closed shop” (which of course they all are)

So what your saying here is..

An airline with Teamsters won't hire us, because we didn't pay dues at our old airline?

An airline with Teamsters won't hire us, because we didn't pay dues at our old airline?

Honestly I don't know. Maybe some other union gurus can chime in?

For sure - if you get on with an airline that has teamsters onboard (don't think that are that many) you'll at least be asked to "repay what you owe" to the union. My point was only to expand your options - not shrink them to save a few bucks, that's all.

Also, after all you guys DID vote the teamsters in, or people who were there before you. Since the majority decided to join, personally I think paying your dues is an ethical thing to do. If you don't like what the union is doing, or NOT doing for you try to vote them out, or change leadership, or... Not paying the dues is basically sticking your head in the sand and pretending that you don't work there.
But that’s just my view, I’m frequently wrong, so what do I know?

Opening my mailbox earlier I noticed someone sent me some green toilet paper. Just got my new 'paper' check in the mail today (versus the previous direct deposit method). It's amazing, it has all kinds of bright beautiful colors on it and it actually defys the laws of physics! If I throw it on the ground it actually bounces right back up to me!!! You know what they say about a company that is about to go under, the payroll is the last thing to go.

Latest resources

Back