• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regions Air????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are they actually not doing direct deposit anymore? They are issuing checks?

A

Also, after all you guys DID vote the teamsters in, or people who were there before you. Since the majority decided to join, personally I think paying your dues is an ethical thing to do. If you don't like what the union is doing, or NOT doing for you try to vote them out, or change leadership, or... Not paying the dues is basically sticking your head in the sand and pretending that you don't work there.
But that’s just my view, I’m frequently wrong, so what do I know?

Yeh, I wasn't trying to argue the point, it was a legit question..

I have no issue's paying dues.. However, if they want me to pay dues, they can atleast contact me.. I have been here over a year and have heard nothing from the union..

Living on FO Regions pay, I can't just go out and pay $1,300 or whatever it is in backdues.. If we get a contract, etc I would love to pay my dues..

fact: an airline is interested in buying us
fact: could be a "shuttle america scenario" or a "go jet scenario"

unfortunate fact: rumor of DC resigning is apparently false

rumor: "big announcement" on the 16th

Opening my mailbox earlier I noticed someone sent me some green toilet paper. Just got my new 'paper' check in the mail today (versus the previous direct deposit method). It's amazing, it has all kinds of bright beautiful colors on it and it actually defys the laws of physics! If I throw it on the ground it actually bounces right back up to me!!! You know what they say about a company that is about to go under, the payroll is the last thing to go.

Akeem,

It didn't actually bounce did it?!?!?!? That aint right!

fact: an airline is interested in buying us

I don't know about that. It's WAY TOO hush hush for it to be another airline. Why would another carrier care if you had a union contract or not? If they already had a union on property, you would just assume their contract when Regions pilots become Brand X pilots. If they don't already have a union on property, why would their higher ups PUSH to get one before they bought you?

None of it makes much sense to me.

I go back and forth.. Some days.. I believe.. some days.. I don't..

Today, I wanna eat a whopper..

"If they already had a union on property, you would just assume their contract when Regions pilots become Brand X pilots. If they don't already have a union on property, why would their higher ups PUSH to get one before they bought you?"

Well, unless the new owner wants to keep the two companies on separate tickets so they can turn the pilots on eachother. Done very successfully at World vs. North American, or Atlas vs. Polar. If so, I'd imagine the union at the purchasing airline would be very adamant about the airline to be purchased had at the very least a union contract with its pilots.

I hope Regions somehow survives.

Btw, what do you mean by GOJETS - scenario or Shuttle scenario? You mean Regions would be basically bought by one of those airlines or is there some kind of “scenario" under which Regions would supply services for the “buyer”?

"unfortunate fact: rumor of DC resigning is apparently false" :(

...I have no issue's paying dues.. However, if they want me to pay dues, they can atleast contact me.. I have been here over a year and have heard nothing from the union...

Again, I don’t know how this works at Regions but don’t you guys fill out some kind of union membership form when you're hired?

Also, I’d imagine that for the first year (probation) you only pay initiation fee and no membership fee. I believe that’s a standard procedure with teamsters and most other unions. I know technically you are “always” on probation at Regions but I think teamsters honors the 12 months no membership dues policy. At least that’s my understanding, anyone else knows more about that?

It's amazing, it has all kinds of bright beautiful colors on it and it actually defys the laws of physics! If I throw it on the ground it actually bounces right back up to me!!!

Prince_Akeem – was jack and coke somehow involved in your “experiment???” ;) Somehow, I take it for granted! :)

Last edited:
rumor: "big announcement" on the 16th

And the plot thickens! Who is the mystery buyer? Is it Shuttle America with brand new E-190s?!? Is it Mesa Airlines with plywood sheets? Or, is it the often talked about Waste Management??? Stay tuned!!!

I don't know if it's fact, but the guy driving the de-icing truck told us that Regions owed the airport authority over $31,000 for Fuel and de-icing services, etc.

Gulp, ah that was good. Tram, u still hangin around there? How many ppl got hired from the Skywest interview the other day?

Latest resources

Back