NWA/DAL solving the seniority issue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GL,
I guess I can assume you won't address these FACTS. Maybe just too inconvenient.

Schwanker

In case you haven't figured it out, the Generals idea of facts are his own assumptions. Therefore if he doesnt believe them to be facts he cant debate them:nuts: You have to remember, GL believes this is his world and everything he says is "Fact":laugh:

GL,
I guess I can assume you won't address these FACTS. Maybe just too inconvenient.

Schwanker

We are putting those new 737s on routes that don't have LCCs. We are sending them to Quito and Vail when they arrive, (737-700s) and the 738s fly a lot to Central America and the Caribbean. We can charge more and make more on those routes. But, your DC9s do corner the market in Minot, Flint (oops, Airtran goes there too), Bismark, and Grand Forks.... I guess you can do the same to the frozen people up there.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

In case you haven't figured it out, the Generals idea of facts are his own assumptions. Therefore if he doesnt believe them to be facts he cant debate them:nuts: You have to remember, GL believes this is his world and everything he says is "Fact":laugh:

Can you argue my above facts? No, no you can't. I know where the new 737-700s are slated to go. You don't. But, I do know you will be going to Minot and Sioux Falls. Bring a jacket.(another fact)

Bye Bye--General Lee

I see a lot of types crossing bases where they do not currently fly. It will likely make sense to staff a 747 out of ATL, or an 88 out of DTW. Displacements can take many forms - hence management's insistance on "no fences."

They also said no displacements and added no furlough clauses. There would have to be agreements with local politicans for no base closures (at first anyway), and an additional 300-400 pilots would be needed to cover for NWA's current work rules if changed. I don't think it would happen, but I guess it could.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Can you argue my above facts? No, no you can't. I know where the new 737-700s are slated to go. You don't. But, I do know you will be going to Minot and Sioux Falls. Bring a jacket.(another fact)

Bye Bye--General Lee

You ignore the statements of others and continue to post your babble. The debate had nothing to do with the 737's you were just in your own la la land there. The original question was about why you continue to ignore the NWA scope clause and produce your own imaginary ideas.

We can agree! It will be three more years-2011. As in the past, I'm sure all payrates will be backpaid to the amendable date with interest. Is expediting this raise a couple years worth a stagnated career? Relative advancement up the combined list will be considerably slower for NWA guys than it would be in a stand alone scenario.

Schwanker

I do like the way you guys know exactly what will happen in the future when it benefits your argument. You will get a huge raise 3 or 5 years down the road even though the economy is slowing drastically and oil is over $105. Those old guys will retire at 60. No doubt about that. Good negotiating technique. Well, standalone Delta would have ordered 125 787s and 40 more 777s in the next couple of years. Who gets credit for those? The only way we're ever going to come to an agreement is if we look at things the way they are now. That's all we have. That's all we know.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back