• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA/DAL solving the seniority issue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FACT: That is exactly why Generally doesn't really debate....he trolls. Debate would require facts

Again DTW319, when you are cornered, you slam. IT is obvious. Try looking at the numbers on Airlinepilotcentral and get back to me when you are "enlightened." Really, you are looking pathetic. Oh yeah, I troll...........on subjects that I know about. You are losing this one.....keep it up.

Bye Bye--General Lee
When you are cornered, daily here, you ignore. Over and over and over. At least you're predictable!

IMPORTANT FACT:
Payrates are a flash in the pan. NWA payrates took a drastic hit in BK to save the pension. Fact is (think career expectations) NWA hourly pay rates will be on par with leading industry rates at the signing of our next contract. To discount this is demonstrating your disconnect from reality.

Couple this fact with the next fact: a new hire at NWA will make the top 1/2 the SL in the next 10-15 years in the NWA stand-alone plan. Shoving 7000 pilots infront of this newhire with relatively zero added retirements in the same 10-15 period will result in severe career stagnation.

Schwanker

OK, I could buy your argument that payrates are temporary although 4 more years of lower pay plus another 1 or 2 for negotiations is a pretty good chunk of most people's career. It's easy to say "we'll make that up on the next contract", but you really have no idea what the circumstances will be 4-6 years down the road.

DL still brings many more high paying aircraft to the table that NW pilots will benefit from for the remainder of their careers. Much of that will be to the detriment of the DL guys currently on that equipment as we bump a little further down on every AE and see our upgrade on that equipment move further and further down the road. Stagnation at it's best. I predict the only guys that don't stagnate are the one's willing to commute to DTW and the -9. That'll probably be the NW guys already there.

Last edited:
FACT:
I've explained our SCOPE clause to you before and;
FACT:
You choose to ignore it to try and bolster your position.

By the way, did you know a paid for DC-9 costs approx $35 less per seat per segment than a leased B-737 (at attractive rates)? Maybe we'll have to pull some DC-9s out of the desert to replace some of your new costly 737s.

Schwanker

General? Kind of quiet-not like you. Are you OK?

Box-O-Rocks

Ummm, because our 330 has more seats than your 400? Or are you not using the seat argument today like you have before? Oh, I see, you think the payrate argument will work better here even though you will have to pair-up different airplanes for comparison than before and ignore that whole pesky "percentage" thingymajig....GOT IT?

DTW319, I have no idea what you are saying there. Our 767-300ERs match up to your A330-200s with seats, and pay. Our 764s match up to your A330-300s in seats, but not even close in pay. They pay more than your 744. Your DC9s aren't even close to our MD88s, in pay or seats. You are a small man in your mini-bus. Your A319 is smaller than our MD88s too, and you get paid less to fly into DTW. Them's the facts.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General? Kind of quiet-not like you. Are you OK?

Quiet? Riiight. I see a large hole in DTW319's logic, and I will exploit it. It is sooo easy when he does that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

For a self-professed MBA you sure can't hack number comparisons expressed in relative terms, ie percentages. Now don't you have a resignation letter to type?
I do not have an MBA. But I do understand number comparisons based in relative terms, do you? Terms like "Relative Seniority" make much more sense than the "same isn't the same because it is not different enough."

I'm holding my LOR until we learn the fate of my #1 choice airline. If displaced, it will be dated, signed and faxed in from an outstation after the equity payout. But I will not be displaced until you finish training on my slot Bus boy.

My CEO and my union have repeatedly stated the same principle with regard to seniority integration, so there are still a few bridges you have to cross before you roar into Atlanta like Sherman on a march to the sea.

I'm just yanking your chain, I'm sure you will do fine with the 767 and I'll do fine with a G550 if the worst case scenario comes to pass.

Last edited:
OK, I could buy your argument that payrates are temporary although 4 more years of lower pay plus another 1 or 2 for negotiations is a pretty good chunk of most people's career.

We can agree! It will be three more years-2011. As in the past, I'm sure all payrates will be backpaid to the amendable date with interest. Is expediting this raise a couple years worth a stagnated career? Relative advancement up the combined list will be considerably slower for NWA guys than it would be in a stand alone scenario.

Schwanker

DTW319, I have no idea what you are saying there. Our 767-300ERs match up to your A330-200s with seats, and pay. Our 764s match up to your A330-300s in seats, but not even close in pay. They pay more than your 744. Your DC9s aren't even close to our MD88s, in pay or seats. You are a small man in your mini-bus. Your A319 is smaller than our MD88s too, and you get pay less to fly into DTW. Them's the facts.

Bye Bye--General Lee

"Ummm, because our 330 has more seats than your 400? Or are you not using the seat argument today like you have before? Oh, I see, you think the payrate argument will work better here even though you will have to pair-up different airplanes for comparison than before and ignore that whole pesky "percentage" thingymajig....GOT IT?"

Maybe thats what he was talking about? GL when did you get 330's?:confused:

probably because trying to reason with you is like slamming one's wang in a heavy metal door: excruciatingly painful and utterly without an upside.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Another one for the therapist....
As much as I don't like this guy, that was pretty funny!

Latest resources

Back