• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA/DAL solving the seniority issue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Better for the membership, yes. But the political angels of each MEC's nature may whisper: "Better a horrible deal blamed on the arbitrator than a semi-horrible deal blamed on us." :bomb:

Tom Goodman. In my opinion, this nugget of wisdom should be quoted somewhere in the preface of "Flying the Line 3: The Final Years".

I've never seen wiser words on this board. Kudos on your perspective.

Arbitration?

Sounds like a pilot taking his hands off the controls, letting the jet crash, then pleading that they were not responsible.

Poof ... and like that, $2,000,000,000.00, work rules and ALPA's leadership ... vanishes. Now we are in the hands of management and arbitrators who have never untied the first rope off a Cessna.

I can not see political wisdom there. Instead, ALPA becomes irrelevant, labor begins fighting itself again.

As an ALPA supporter it is disappointing to see us throw our fate to an outside party because we are incapable of being reasonable. At the core of this issue, ALPA National lacks the vision, leadership and power structure to compel a big MEC to do anything. I cite USAPA as a prime example of the result of a rogue MEC. We will see how history plays out, but don't we all see the similarities thus far?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back