• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA/DAL solving the seniority issue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Isn't it enough that you guys are getting the Delta pay and work rules...you also want credit for DELTA's staffing formula...one of the many items we fought for during our bankruptcy...if you retired your airplanes and we bought new ones would you think that you should get credit for those too??They will require new hires below all of us no one gets credit for them!!!Unbelievable!!!

I dont' work for NWA. Perhaps it's a case of Stockholm syndrome from riding on their jump-seat every week.

The point is NWA believes they are bringing jobs to the table. Most Delta guys on Flightinfo apparently don't believe this. I can't say for certain either of these opinions are the majority at each respective company, but my information is based on the NWA pilots I have spoken to. Mostly 757 and 320, also one 330 guy.

I can say for certain that if NWA guys believe they bring jobs to the table and DAL guys say they don't there won't be a consensual deal.

I never understood the fascination with ice fishing. Get a trailer-park reject structure, drag it out to the middle of a frozen lake, drill a hole in the ice, drink beer, scratch yourself and freeze your nuts off. Repeat next weekend.

What am I missing?

If you're cold you're doing it wrong. Other than that you are pretty much right on the money....it's great!:D

Can you guys honestly say you believe Delta will bring more vacancies over the next three years? Five years? Ten years?

Who gets credit for the vacancies caused by the change in work rules? NWA? Delta? Isn't it NWA airplanes that will be staffed?

NWALPA isn't bringing any vacancies due to a staffing formula. Those vacancies don't exist outside of a merger and then are only created once the DAL PWA staffing formula and work rules are applied. If anything the DAL pilots, through their collective bargaining priorities, created the need for those positions, while the NWA pilots, through their collective bargaining priorities, eliminated the requirement for those jobs.

NWALPA has no pre merger expectation of those positions, and they would only exist post merger due to the hard work and sacrifice of the DAL pilots.

Not sure if this was already mentioned but if this merger happens all of the DC9's (including those scheduled for retirement) will stay for 4 more years. At least that is the information I have received. Now just get the current NWA guys to agree to stay in them for those 4 years and we might have something.

NWALPA isn't bringing any vacancies due to a staffing formula. Those vacancies don't exist outside of a merger and then are only created once the DAL PWA staffing formula and work rules are applied. If anything the DAL pilots, through their collective bargaining priorities, created the need for those positions, while the NWA pilots, through their collective bargaining priorities, eliminated the requirement for those jobs.

NWALPA has no pre merger expectation of those positions, and they would only exist post merger due to the hard work and sacrifice of the DAL pilots.

:puke:

What color is the sky on your planet? :nuts: Does this look familiar???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVR-eIPkRjo&feature=related

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back