NWA/DAL solving the seniority issue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LMAO!

Yeah that's the typical Delta crash pad vehicle seen in the ATL employee lot!!!:eek:

:smash: :D

:laugh:
Good one. I would show you the pic I got of some of the trailers parked in the NWA DTW employee lot, but while walking away, I got mugged!:nuts:

IMO we should just wait until DAL goes bankrupt again by expanding into one of the worst financial markets in the history of the United States while oil is at a record high. Then we can pick up their pieces, invert their seniority list and offer preferential interviews in that order. Only after a thorough psychological screening of course.

Sorry I just wanted to post with my new avatar. :pimp:

Drew,

We have 3 777LRs coming this year (LR equals Long Range, equals lots of Captains---2 per ultra long flight), and we get 6 777LRs within 3 months starting at the end of this year (Dec 31st to Mar 31st of 09). How many Captains will that represent? We also get 6 737-700s, just completed getting 17 757-200ERs, and we have more orders for those 73NGs (25 total 737-700s and more 737-800s). And, of course, there are the MD90s, which are out there and we are the only major flier of them. Saudia just put 28 up for sale, and there are many more in China and Japan, some of which we have already looked at. The rumor I heard was that they would slowly replace the DC9-40s/50s. So, we are upgrading due to actual expansion, not waiting for a plane that hasn't even flown yet. We have planes coming NOW, and our INTL expansion adds the need for even more pilots. You guys are bringing new planes in the FUTURE, and FUTURE retirements. We are brining future airplanes (777s, 737-700s, MD90s), and planes/expansion NOW.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Drew,

Guess you have missed the posts about Delta's advance entitlements. In the last six months there have been three. The last had more than 500 openings with more than 100 Captain slots, most of those were widebodies.

I do not know why NWA pilots think the DAL list is stagnant when Delta is running classes of 50 new hires every two weeks and still short on pilots.

Others have posted the staffing requirements for the 777-200LR's, I think was 30 pilots per jet. That 30 is multiplied down the list in the 765, 767ER, 767, 737, MD88 categories. The result will be probably thousands of "openings" and the smallest Delta jet is bigger than a A319, or DC9.

Further, "word" is that there are going to be more 777's ordered.

Then when the retirements start, there is only a three to five year lag before the total number of Delta retirements exceeds the NWA retirements by a large number.

Then you can add to those openings some folks who just will not commute to a DC9 gig up north. Delta hires a high percentage of MBA types who have better options than sitting #11,000 in KMSP. Many of those new hires are on the 767 & ER. Probably only a handful would leave, but it is more than NWA is going to retire in the next three years.

The crystal ball can be clouded by all of these X factors. I think Delta brings much more to the table, the NWA guys think their 1,000 retirements are the ace in the hole. Really this is just "noise" since none of us can bank on the future in this business right now. The big picture items we have to look at (and I'm guessing you are a new hire)

Can you guys honestly say you believe Delta will bring more vacancies over the next three years? Five years? Ten years?

Who gets credit for the vacancies caused by the change in work rules? NWA? Delta? Isn't it NWA airplanes that will be staffed?

Can you guys honestly say you believe Delta will bring more vacancies over the next three years? Five years? Ten years?

Who gets credit for the vacancies caused by the change in work rules? NWA? Delta? Isn't it NWA airplanes that will be staffed?

Isn't it enough that you guys are getting the Delta pay and work rules...you also want credit for DELTA's staffing formula...one of the many items we fought for during our bankruptcy...if you retired your airplanes and we bought new ones would you think that you should get credit for those too??They will require new hires below all of us no one gets credit for them!!!Unbelievable!!!

How about some pictures of Lake Lanier, down what? 25 feet? Lots of boats can't even get out of their marinas. Water rationing coming to your suburb of ATL soon!

How about some pictures of Lake Lanier, down what? 25 feet? Lots of boats can't even get out of their marinas. Water rationing coming to your suburb of ATL soon!

Lake Lanier's low level is the direct and indisputable effect of global warming caused by A320 starts in the frigid North.

CM1 - Ooor Dear, Oh Geez O Pete, will eet start?
CM2 - Ah you Betcha, lots of smooke, dooh, Spendy
CM1 - Hope der's no merger, hard to find de Lutefisk and Lefse ootside of Minisoota
CM2 - And instead of Garrison Keilloor they have that Neal Booortz.
CM1 - Okra and Lutefisk?
CM1 - Better configure for de deicing...
CM2 - Yeeah, you betcha, can I git a can oof Pop first?

Go Green Bay!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back