• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA/DAL solving the seniority issue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey no facts please, your screwing up the integrity of FI!! Lets not leave out that the only reason why NWA rates are lower is because NWA kept pensions and DAL sold theirs out. So comparing payrates after both companies took paycuts is stupid. What would the DAL rates be if they would have kept their pensions? :cool: General i found your new avatar it will be up shortly~~~;)

Exactly. Delta guys already bought their higher rates by losing their DB plan.

Now you think NWA should get Delta's pay, DC plan, keep their pensions AND get a leg up on seniority?

No wonder those Delta guys are realizing what a crappy deal it is for them.

The problem with your logic is your comparisons are deliberately skewed. The PROPER comparison would be:
DAL MD88 to NWA DC9
DAL 737 to NWA A320
DAL 75/76 to NWA 757
DAL 767400 to NWA A330
DAL 777 to NWA 744

When you compare those rates guess what? DAL is 10 to 11% higher (except the 777 which is only 6% higher) just like everyone has known since the day the post BK contracts were signed. When compared Properly the facts suggest that your 767 is payed like a narrowbody, not the other way around. You guys continue to ignore this fact.

Don't get me wrong, I think we're all going to have to learn to get along but it gets old seeing the "facts" skewed to one side.

You say DL 767s pay narrow body rates but the fact it seems you would like to ignore is that the DL fleet of 247 757/767s pays only $2/hr less than the NW fleet of 32, much larger, A-330s. It's not the size of the airplane it's the pay. The fact is DL brings many more high paying jobs to the table of which NW guys will bid when/if the SLI is agreed to.

At least you didn't call it debating like Generally. Debating requires the use of facts.

Wow, look up the rates on Airlinepilotcentral. Talk about crazy---why are you paring up the A330 with our 764? Not even close. Are you debating here, or HOPING? The 767 (and that means our numerous 757s) are next to your A330 pay rates. Our 764 pays more than your 744. Wow, you missed the boat on that one....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I think we're all going to have to learn to get along but it gets old seeing the "facts" skewed to one side.

You say DL 767s pay narrow body rates but the fact it seems you would like to ignore is that the DL fleet of 247 757/767s pays only $2/hr less than the NW fleet of 32, much larger, A-330s. It's not the size of the airplane it's the pay. The fact is DL brings many more high paying jobs to the table of which NW guys will bid when/if the SLI is agreed to.

What would your payrates be if you hadn't sold out the pensions? Didn't it go as a trade off? NWA guys took a bigger hit in hourly pay but kept pensions, DAL cut pensions but gave extra hourly pay. Payrates are different just like circumstances were different.

What would your payrates be if you hadn't sold out the pensions? Didn't it go as a trade off? NWA guys took a bigger hit in hourly pay but kept pensions, DAL cut pensions but gave extra hourly pay. Payrates are different just like circumstances were different.

You got me but what does the fact that NW guys kept their pensions do for a DL person except take money out of his pocket to pay for it after the merger?

How's training going by the way? I thought NW had an outstanding training dept when I was there. They went out of their way to pair guys up with a Capt (mine had been a -9 guy for 8 or so years) which made all the difference for a slow guy like me.

Last edited:
You got me but what does the fact that NW guys kept their pensions do for a DL person except take money out of his pocket to pay for it after the merger.
How's training going by the way? I thought NW had an outstanding training dept when I was there. They went out of their way to pair guys up with a Capt (mine had been a -9 guy for 8 or so years) which made all the difference for a slow guy like me.

The pension pay has nothing to do with the payrates post merger. I was just pointing out that basing SLI off of payrates shouldn't even be a consideration because the payrates were set based on the sacrifices made by each pilot group post 911.

Training is great the instructors are fantastic. You're right the set up of having CAs with you in training is nice. Thanks for asking :beer:

Last edited:
Don't ya just love it when you get to read his post before he deletes it in fear. :D
Don't worry, jerk406 just has to sign out and sign in as either jmoney or tanker clown.
Can you imagine entertaining his therapist appointments are?:laugh:

Payrates are not relavent as they change every contract.

IMPORTANT FACT:
Payrates are a flash in the pan. NWA payrates took a drastic hit in BK to save the pension. Fact is (think career expectations) NWA hourly pay rates will be on par with leading industry rates at the signing of our next contract. To discount this is demonstrating your disconnect from reality.

Couple this fact with the next fact: a new hire at NWA will make the top 1/2 the SL in the next 10-15 years in the NWA stand-alone plan. Shoving 7000 pilots infront of this newhire with relatively zero added retirements in the same 10-15 period will result in severe career stagnation.

Schwanker

We brought our 757 rates up to our 767 rates. How much more does the A330 pay than the 767? How much more does the 764 pay than the A330? A lot more I believe. It pays $20 more an hour than the 767. You are the one who are skewed. Get the facts straight.

Well looky here.... I looked it up. Our 764 pays more than your 744. We have 21 of them too, which is larger than your 744 number. And, our 764 pays about $19 more an hour than your A330. Why did you pare them up with our 764? It is a lot closer to our 767, and that means closer to our 757. Talk about skewed......get your facts straight, again.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Generally, I hope you stay out of the stock market, because it is apparent that you think a $100 stock that goes up $5 has made more than a $5 stock that goes up $3. $5 is better than $3 right???:confused:

If you "brought up" your 757 rate to 767 rate, but it is still the same % higher than the NWA rate as other "non brought up" rates, then was the 757 brought up or was the 767 brought down?

As for the pensions, I've heard it both ways from you guys now. Which is it? Does losing your pension mean you need consideration for that in an SLI or were you all essentially made whole by the claim sale and note? Can't have it both ways. But it's sure been tried here.

Latest resources

Back