• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA/DAL solving the seniority issue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
oh no, the NWA pilots figured out how to color their posts. This board is going to be hard to read now.

We can agree! It will be three more years-2011. As in the past, I'm sure all payrates will be backpaid to the amendable date with interest. Is expediting this raise a couple years worth a stagnated career? Relative advancement up the combined list will be considerably slower for NWA guys than it would be in a stand alone scenario.

Schwanker

Then MARS attacks! And your entire theory is blown to bits! Nothing is for certain, especially career expectations. How did 9-11 change that for some? It is just guesswork, and an arbitraitor didn't agree with your views in regard to USAir. The bottom guy at USAir is still near the bottom at the combined carrier. Just because you guys can't really negotiate, doesn't mean you shouldn't try now. You seem to think that if you just don't show up prepared, maybe it will all go away and an arbitrator can do your work for you. That is what the Easties at USAir thought too.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I do not have an MBA. But I do understand number comparisons based in relative terms, do you? Terms like "Relative Seniority" make much more sense than the "same isn't the same because it is not different enough."

I'm holding my LOR until we learn the fate of my #1 choice airline. If displaced, it will be dated, signed and faxed in from an outstation after the equity payout. But I will not be displaced until you finish training on my slot Bus boy.

I'm just yanking your chain, I'm sure you will do fine with the 767 and I'll do fine with a G550 if the worst case scenario comes to pass.

I doubt you would get displaced at all. If they do get rid of the DC9s in a merger, it would be one for one with MD90s supposedly, and those pay more than the DC9s anyway, and would require a short course. That is the rumor I have heard anyway. I don't see displacements.

Bye Bye--General Lee

probably because trying to reason with you is like slamming one's wang in a heavy metal door: excruciatingly painful and utterly without an upside.

OK jke,
I'll give you that was kind of funny. Although I prefer to call the wang a Schwanker. As far as being reasonable, I think most (excluding my wife) would consider me quite reasonable. Now the General...???

Schwanker

FACT:
I've explained our SCOPE clause to you before and;
FACT:
You choose to ignore it to try and bolster your position.

By the way, did you know a paid for DC-9 costs approx $35 less per seat per segment than a leased B-737 (at attractive rates)? Maybe we'll have to pull some DC-9s out of the desert to replace some of your new costly 737s.

Schwanker

GL,
I guess I can assume you won't address these FACTS. Maybe just too inconvenient.

Schwanker

Oh No!

The NWA Bus Boys & Douglas Drivers have figured out how to use the colors on the Flight Info control panel - this board is going to be hard to read now.

Is there an echo in here? I could have sworn you already typed that;)

When you are cornered, daily here, you ignore. Over and over and over. At least you're predictable!

Cornered daily? HA! Right. Can you show one argument that I was cornered on anything? You, on the otherhand, are losing this battle about comparing the A330 to the 764. It's not even close, and you then ignore the facts about pay rates on Airlinepilotcentral, and the fact that we did bring up the 757 to 767 rates. Don't be a sore loser.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I don't see displacements.

Bye Bye--General Lee
I see a lot of types crossing bases where they do not currently fly. It will likely make sense to staff a 747 out of ATL, or an 88 out of DTW. Displacements can take many forms - hence management's insistance on "no fences."

I've got nothing against the 9 or Baby Bus. Its all about the bases.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back