New SkyWest pay proposal....anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Come on Bluto...6 years of stagnation?
Have our pay rates changed during the last 6 years? No? Then I call that stagnation. I didn't say our career expectations were stagnant. I didn't suggest our growth was stagnant. I only said our rates have been stagnant. United and Delta pay SkyWest more every year to keep up with inflation. Regardless of current aircraft-specific profitability, SkyWest pilots shouldn't suffer continually diminishing purchasing-power as inflation makes our outdated pay-scales provide less and less for our families. Nobody's asking for much. Extending the rumored 1% across the board to the 600 or so Brasilia pilots would make this proposal a slam dunk. (Or so I assume, since I have not yet read the proposal since nobody will PM me with it!!!)

SKW slang for the EMB120 Brasilia.

it's not a 'Bro'. it's an EMB-120 Brasilia. period. drives me nuts that guys who have 20 hrs in the airplane call it a 'Bro'.

i've never heard the airplane called a 'Bro' and i flew it for 3 years. flightinfo.com is the first and last place i've ever heard it. i can only hope it doesn't find its way into the vernacular.

Sorry to tell you Palomino, but it's the 'bro man. It must have been started by a Californian but it's what everyone at SKW knows the Brasilia as.

I think I've earned the right to call it whatever the heck I want.... almost 6000 hours in the airplane... I call it the "Bro". And anyway...

WHO THE HECK CARES!!!

More importantly... where the %^$# is the pay proposal?! :)

it's not a 'Bro'. it's an EMB-120 Brasilia. period. drives me nuts that guys who have 20 hrs in the airplane call it a 'Bro'.

i've never heard the airplane called a 'Bro' and i flew it for 3 years. flightinfo.com is the first and last place i've ever heard it. i can only hope it doesn't find its way into the vernacular.
Dude, Palomino, why don't you get off your high horse. (Get it!? :D) Who cares if it finds its way into the vernacular? It's a nick-name. Cool guys like you will be able to differentiate themselves from the unwashed masses by always referring to it as a "EMB-120 Brasilia" "PERIOD".

By the way, I prefer the title Empresa Brasileira de Aeronáutica S.A to the improper Embraer, or even worse EMB. Please make a note of it so the vernacular isn't tainted. Now back to your regularly scheduled SAPA bash! ;)

Who CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ENOUGH ALREADY

Splitting the pay for the 50 vs 70/90 should be enough to justify voting for it. It sucks for the EMB guy's but better to get split rates than a increase on an airplane that will only decrease in numbers as apposed to an airplane that will only grow in numbers.

Sorry to tell you Palomino, but it's the 'bro man. It must have been started by a Californian but it's what everyone at SKW knows the Brasilia as.

Rater than the "Bro", prefer these other two terms of endearment for the Brasilia...

Mexican King Air

or

Vibraliner

Splitting the pay for the 50 vs 70/90 should be enough to justify voting for it. It sucks for the EMB guy's but better to get split rates than a increase on an airplane that will only decrease in numbers as apposed to an airplane that will only grow in numbers.

In reality, if you fly the EMB right now, you are either making captain's pay, or (excepting the few who choose to remain past the duration of the seat-lock) first year pay. A payraise for the brasilia would have impacted few in the company percentage-wise, which is why (providing we have all the information, which we probably don't) the company and SAPA weren't bothered enough to throw them a bone. Actually, first year pay ought to be raised across the board. I can't get too excited about the split rates, when it will mean nothing for those too junior to successfully bid those lines. Basically, it's a five percent raise for the senior guys on the CA/FO lists, and a 1% raise for everyone else. But at least we can stop taking it in the teeth about the stupid "you guys fly 90-seat jets [with 70-76 seats on them] for 50-seat pay".

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back