• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New SkyWest pay proposal....anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm glad you personally know "most" pilots that have flown the Brasilia.:rolleyes: Every SkyWest Brasilia pilot I know would know exactly what you were talking about if you asked them about the "Bro."

So apparently they had technical difficulties either printing or distributing the information to the pilot group. I'm confused, it sounds like they're trying to get us a new copy of the SOP or something. If our last pay proposal was any indication, this is not going to be a lengthy document. I'd be surprised if it goes longer than 2 pages, double-spaced. Why all the secrecy? Why are they FedEx'ing it to the domiciles when every domicile has a computer and printer? This is getting ridiculous.

Spoke with one of the main SAPA guys the other night. Jack for Brasilia folks is the detail that I came away with. Glad we count for something...

That's Bull********************. The SAPA guys need to not sell you Brasilia pilots down the river. I've heard they (SAPA) are nothing more than management puppets, but where's the common sense? The company is making millions in profits, but you guys aren't worthy of sharing in that?

The rationale given by our SAPA "reps" is that the EMB is not very profitable for the comany right now with all the weight restrictions. They justify not paying more to the hardest working pilots at the company because "those guys chose to stay on the Brasilia to avoid commuting, they could hold the jet if they wanted to". Apparently, that's a good reason to deny someone a raise after 6 years of stagnation.

Bluto,

That is piss-poor rationalization on the company's part. As long as that plane is on property, somebody will have to fly it.

So how do the junior guys avoid it then? They can't, so they would be punished because of their hire dates.

Last edited:
Come on Bluto...6 years of stagnation? You're starting to sound like those ASA guys! I haven't seen the proposal and it sounds like it isn't much, but to say that Skywest has been stagnant for the last 6 years is ridiculous. You lose a lot of credibility with a statement like that.

Got some more info from a SAPA rep...

A check airman on SAPA told us it was basically this:

1% base increase to -200 rates
5% further increase for a -700/900 override
No increase for Bro pilots
No retro pay
Override is only paid for actual 700/900 flight time (a couple exceptions) and will only be paid IF you break daily AND monthly guarantee.
4 year "duration"

Years current + proposed over ride 700/900
5 $ 63.00 101% $ 63.63 105% $ 66.81
6 $ 65.00 - ------$ 65.65 ---------$ 68.93
7 $ 67.00 ---------$ 67.67 ---------$ 71.05
8 $ 69.00 ---------$ 69.69--------- $ 73.17
9 $ 71.00 ---------$ 71.71--------- $ 75.30
10 $ 74.00-------- $ 74.74 ---------$ 78.48
11 $ 76.00--------- $ 76.76-------- $ 80.60
12 $ 78.00 ---------$ 78.78 --------$ 82.72
13 $ 81.00 ---------$ 81.81 --------$ 85.90
14 $ 83.00 ---------$ 83.83 --------$ 88.02
15 $ 86.00--------- $ 86.86 --------$ 91.20
16 $ 88.00 ---------$ 88.88 --------$ 93.32
17 $ 91.00 ---------$ 91.91 --------$ 96.51
18 $ 93.00 ---------$ 93.93 --------$ 98.63

You both are correct. However, this BS of a proposal is taking more time to disseminate b/c of the complexity it was presented to SAPA. The override is in a credit trip rig thingy. SAPA I guess needed to work out the details of how it was going to get paid and if the "Dixie Chicks" (crew payroll) are even going to be able to figure out how to pay it. A simple override would have been way better.

I do not like the fact that we are alienating our fellow "Bro" pilots or whoever you want to call them with no raise for 4 years. No COLA adjustments for the 50 seater for 2008-2010. A meager 1% raise in 2007. Then a 1% increase in override on the 700/900 every year from 2008-2010.

No raise for the "Bro" & the CRJ200 may keep me from voting yes

Last edited:
Oh, most pilots that have flown the "Brasilia" call it a Brasilia.

Yea, I don't get it either. There is not one single 'O' in the word Brazilia. Why not the Bra?

WOW--that 700-900 pay is close to Horizon, man what a great CEO, pays millions of dollars to move ASA pilots from SLC to ATL then to LAX and 20,000 in hotel cost in SLC and going to pay thousands for SKYW crews to stay in ATL.

Latest resources

Back