• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New SkyWest pay proposal....anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd be surprised if it goes longer than 2 pages, double-spaced.
So, just printed out my pay package BOOKLET. I stand corrected on the whole 2-page thing. They really pulled out all the stops on this one. I think I'm going to have mine bound at Kinkos so I can put it on my bookshelf at home!

I more or less agree with you Irish, but managment and the Republicrats are also part at fault for taking advantage of us. In the end, just because someone agrees to work for peanuts, doesn't mean you should pay it. I've had employees (usually Mexican migrants) willing to work for minimum wage, and yet I've paid them double that.. I also get better quality work and moral out of them as a result.

Maybe I'm naive, but I think the interest of business can be balanced by fair labor practices, and that they two are not mutually exclusive like many seem to say.

I more or less agree with you Irish, but managment and the Republicrats are also part at fault for taking advantage of us. In the end, just because someone agrees to work for peanuts, doesn't mean you should pay it. I've had employees (usually Mexican migrants) willing to work for minimum wage, and yet I've paid them double that.. I also get better quality work and moral out of them as a result.

Maybe I'm naive, but I think the interest of business can be balanced by fair labor practices, and that they two are not mutually exclusive like many seem to say.

Well then if we are being taken advantage of, one has to ask what good ALPA is doing. Corporate flying pays better than the regionals and it is largely non-union. What is the core difference? Yes I agree that management is taking advantage of the situation, but I don't see giving up 2% of my pay to ALPA as stopping it. There has to be a different answer.

How something distributed amongst several thousand people is "confidential" I don't know. Besides, ASA pilots have a right to know, they are the rates on our airplanes.

Well, they were ours, sorta....

ASA has a right? What gives you any right to our pay info. You've been pissing in our cheerios ever since the money that we earned payed to keep you out of bankruptcy. We are not represented by ALPA like you are, further seperating our pilot groups. Right to know...you have no rights to our airline.

Well then if we are being taken advantage of, one has to ask what good ALPA is doing. Corporate flying pays better than the regionals and it is largely non-union. What is the core difference? Yes I agree that management is taking advantage of the situation, but I don't see giving up 2% of my pay to ALPA as stopping it. There has to be a different answer.
Again I agree... but don't throw the baby out with the bath water I say.

ALPA is more of a mainline union, and what is needed is a union for "regionals" and 2nd tier carriers the likes of World, Omni, etc..

I used to wear my ALPA pin with pride, but after working at ASA, ALPA (at least their MEC) soured me to the whole process..

As for corporate aviation paying better... Yes, and no. Some companies are the virtual career lotteries, where you fly GV's and Falcon900's for $200K/yr and take a 15% profit share, etc.. but most of them are not quite that good, and worse yet, you're strapped to a pager and have no life/schedule.

There is no perfect solution now, but I always said it would be best if we all (pilot profession) had a universal pilots guild, which set pay rates for all types.. from Citation 500 to A380, and any pilot accepting less than that "set rate" would be blacklisted by the guild, and thus unable to work.. check/balances.

The laws now are such that it would be nearly impossible to form such a guild.

Again I agree... but don't throw the baby out with the bath water I say. ALPA is more of a mainline union, and what is needed is a union for "regionals" and 2nd tier carriers the likes of World, Omni, etc..

I used to wear my ALPA pin with pride, but after working at ASA, ALPA (at least their MEC) soured me to the whole process..

As for corporate aviation paying better... Yes, and no.. Some companies are the virtual career lotteries, where you fly GV's and Falcon900's for $200K/yr and take a 15% profit share, etc.. but most of them are not quite that good, and worse yet, you're strapped to a pager and have no live/schedule.

There is no perfect solution now, but I always said it would be best if we all (pilot profession) had a universal pilots guild, which set pay rates for all types.. from Citation 500 to A380, and any pilot accepting less than that "set rate" would be blacklisted by the guild, and thus unable to work.. check/balances.

The laws now are such that it would be nearly impossible to form such a guild.

I agree with you on the guild and a diffent union for the regionals/second tier carriers.

What soured you about ASA ALPA? Things are getting interesting here with the election coming up.

Hope you found something you liked to do when you left.

-New Hire pay to increase as follows (GET READY FOR THE MONEY!!!)
----$19.25 for 2007
----$19.50 for 2008
----$19.75 for 2009
----$20.00 for 2010

-1% base increase to -200 rates

-700/900 "Block Hour Override" applied to the increased -200 rate
----5% for 2007
----6% for 2008
----7% for 2009
----8% for 2010

-BHO is only paid for actual 700/900 flight time
----This means that the override is not applied to "soft time." When you break it down, this means for every hour of -700/900 credit you add 3 minutes to it(5% override X 60 minutes = 3 minutes). That 1 hour and 3 minutes is then applied to your -200 base rate. This is how BHO is paid.

-No increase for Bro pilots
-No retro pay
-4 year "duration"

Splitting the pay for the 50 vs 70/90 should be enough to justify voting for it. It sucks for the EMB guy's but better to get split rates than a increase on an airplane that will only decrease in numbers as apposed to an airplane that will only grow in numbers.

What's wrong with splitting the RJ rates AND allowing the EMB guys to share in the success of their company?

Latest resources

Back