• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New SkyWest pay proposal....anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Come on Bluto...6 years of stagnation? You're starting to sound like those ASA guys! I haven't seen the proposal and it sounds like it isn't much, but to say that Skywest has been stagnant for the last 6 years is ridiculous. You lose a lot of credibility with a statement like that.

No, he's being honest! There hasn't been a cost of living increase here for us since the anniversary of your hire date the year before 9/11! Do the math...

This is an OK deal for the SKYW pilots, not great (new hire/emb) but time to raise the 700/900 pay starting at 5% in 07 up to 8% in 10. Im in with a YES.

Splitting the pay for the 50 vs 70/90 should be enough to justify voting for it. It sucks for the EMB guy's but better to get split rates than a increase on an airplane that will only decrease in numbers as apposed to an airplane that will only grow in numbers.

No, it shouldn't...whatever happened to the higher blended rate we were promised, a rate that was supposed to continue to adjust higher as we continue getting the 700/900's? To offer nothing for the EMB and a lousy 1% rasie for the 50, which still comprises the largest part of our fleet is totally pathetic!

If I were you guys, I would take it. It will make you higher paid than most ALPA carriers and you are growing. Take the deal.

I'm not sure what some of you guys are looking at but from this year to next with the pay proposal my rate would increase over $8 bucks an hour and with the bonus factor we are quite a bit over ASA.

End date, split rates, increase, to me are all an improvement.
I'm voting yes.

As much as this proposal isn't ideal, they answered all my complaints about the previous offer. I think I'm in with a yes vote, as well.

I'm not sure what some of you guys are looking at but from this year to next with the pay proposal my rate would increase over $8 bucks an hour and with the bonus factor we are quite a bit over ASA.

End date, split rates, increase, to me are all an improvement.
I'm voting yes.

I'm not sure what you're looking at but the crummy 1% is less than the 1.2% we already voted down, and it's 0% for all of our EMB flight crews! How does this even come close to meeting the cost of living increases over the last 6 years??

Latest resources

Back