New SkyWest pay proposal....anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You must be a 50-seat only guy. :rolleyes:

The offered rates from ASA do cover 700/900 flying. It's amazing to see how smug some of you guys are about what is happening. My point was to point out that the offer on the table from ASA management, is actually an offer from Jerry to ASA pilots. Point being, the same people that control your half of the equation are offering you less than what they are offering our half.

Believe it or not, I'd like to see our 2 groups help eachother out.

Well heads up, enter the mothership padwan. I really dont know a "50-seat only guy" just depends on base flying. In my base its mostly 70 seats. I also would like to get together with you guys, but there is the great divide as far as I see it. I have a feeling that you guys are coming from a down and out situation, and have very negative feelings about MNGT/thiswholeairlinedeal. I am not a cool-aid pounder, but am very happy to go to work and go home, I think that alpa instills hate towards MNGT to prolong their survival. But anyhow, I hope we can get together and no one gets too screwed!

WOW...........I guess the divide and conquer tactics are working.

United we stand - divided we fall........the sad part about it was a comment I read earlier in the thread about in 4 years I am outta here anyways.

Shortsighted and selfish to "get yours" and scr** the fellow pilots behind you. No payraises for the hardest working (and probably the most profficient) pilots in your group. Sounds like a litmus test to me - to gauge how cheap the pilot group will go to keep ANY union off the property. Don't buy it......stand with your ASA pilots and make it better for EVERY pilot on the property.

Vote when the time comes. And on a sidenote to personally thank Skywest for employing a lot of our pilots that were on furlough.

To stave off comments from Skywest pilots that may say "mind your own business" and it "doesn't concern you" is also a WEAK argument. It affects ALL of us sooner or later Union or not. The industry is watching you now and Mesa as well with their upcoming contract negotiations. Stop the race and turn it the other way..........

Fly safe........

Well heads up, enter the mothership padwan. I really dont know a "50-seat only guy" just depends on base flying. In my base its mostly 70 seats. I also would like to get together with you guys, but there is the great divide as far as I see it. I have a feeling that you guys are coming from a down and out situation, and have very negative feelings about MNGT/thiswholeairlinedeal. I am not a cool-aid pounder, but am very happy to go to work and go home, I think that alpa instills hate towards MNGT to prolong their survival. But anyhow, I hope we can get together and no one gets to screwed!

I can't speak for all 1700 or so pilots at ASA, but I will speak for myself. I don't think the SKW and ASA pilots will get "together", but we can share information with one another to help our situations. As crazy as it is sounds, flightinfo is the only place where I have been able to interact with SKW pilots. So here I am.

My point about the 700/900 pay comparison is to let you guys know, that what is being offered to you right now, is less than what was offered and agreed to by us and management back in 2002. The tough thing for ASA pilots is that the company wants us to freeze our 700/900 pay for 2 years, on an agreement that is already 4 years old. Throw in cost of living increases over the years and into the future, and it ends up being a paycut.

What I would like to see happen is for SKW pilots to say to managemnt is, "Hey, these rates are less than ASA's current rates which are already 4 years old."

Being able to split your rates is obviously a step in the right direction, and I will not let that go unnoticed. Credit should be given where it is due in that respect, I just think more should be given to you guys.

SKW has been making millions in profits over the years, and they can't even make an offer to you that keeps up with inflation! End result is you are making less money than you did the year before.

As far as being anti management. That is not true. Look at the ASA pilots as being anti-ineffective management. We have alot of respect for what Jerry has created in SKW, and wish we could be a part of a succesful and respected airline. Unfortunately, our ontime performance, mishandled bags, and customer complaints are pretty much the worst in the industry every single month. The local Atlanta newspaper, the Atlanta Journal Constitution just ripped our company a new one last week, and deservidly so.

Anyway, the whole reason I wrote on this thread was to point out to you guys what some of these rates look like compared to what is going on across the hall from you.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what some of you guys are looking at but from this year to next with the pay proposal my rate would increase over $8 bucks an hour and with the bonus factor we are quite a bit over ASA.

End date, split rates, increase, to me are all an improvement.
I'm voting yes.

how do you get an $8 per hr increase from this year to the next????

our current scale tops out at $98 pr hr. 5% in 2007 is $4.70 pr hour and in 2010 it is 8% more than now for a total of...$7.76

And that is only for the 700/900 the 2000 and Bro's will be the same for 10 years! I wish milk and gas cost the same in ten years

DONT LET THE FUZZY MATH FOOL YOU!!!!

Last edited:
wow 7 pages in less than a day. The new pay offer is probably slightly over the 1.2 across the board they offered awhile ago. meaning 1% for the 200 nothing for bro and the 700/900 pay increase = in my mind a little over 1.2% across the board but its a step in the right direction. This board shows how bad everything sucks in this industry and how personal alot of people take it. I think this is a fair advance for SKYw pilots. Its not perfect but with whats going on right now with all the other regionals i will take it. I sucks to be at a place thats dieing been there and you dont have a leg to stand on its simply bad f luck. the comair of 4 or 5 years ago was the place to be and in the future could became that again but as far as a pilot position its just bad or good luck right place wrong time. We dont have the top pay but we dont have the worst pay (we do have very competitive work rules) and this airline does what it does meaning it bids on flying when the owner of that flying puts it up for bid. Which is how it pretty much works these days with very few and fortunate exceptions. All of you that cry we need to raise the bar youre only talking to the places that seem to be doing well well that would put that group in the same position youre in (just mean that by what mgnt seeems to bring to the bargaining table lately not actaully reality maybe) so what to do? Small increases in the right place like SKYw (meaning they dont have liquidation or shrinkage hanging over their head to force pay cuts) i feel is probably a good thing. What mngt did is give us as a pilot group what we wanted dif. pay (to a degree) and an end date to the agreament so whats the problem. Agree to what we asked for because thats what they gave us and then learn a little more about how it really works and make your next move a little more thoughtful. Its a step forward and not a step back. obviously this is not the time to take monster steps in pay. thats for later sonerious.
The only thing id like to see more (other than a 20% payraise and 3 months of vac. a year) is more talk of if ASA strikes in writting we "SKYw" pilots will not even be thought of as a way to cover that flying because i won't do it and would like some back up on that as far as mgnt. (slightly dif. from the flying mngt is taking from you now and giving us) anyway WHATEVER

I'm not sure what some of you guys are looking at but from this year to next with the pay proposal my rate would increase over $8 bucks an hour and with the bonus factor we are quite a bit over ASA.

End date, split rates, increase, to me are all an improvement.
I'm voting yes.

VOTE YES!

And just wait and see what happens when you are suddenly way more expensive than ASA. Can you say "transfer of planes back to ASA"!

You guys need to start looking a little further than prospect of the left seat in 8 months. These things have a nasty way of turning around and biting you on the ass, especially when you're as smug as many SKYW pilots seem to be on this website.

But hey, knock yourselves out..........

I am very dissapointed in what they offered the new hire FO's. That is just pathetic, and that unfortunately is what is pushing me towards a no. Unfortunately if we dont' vote yes...we're not going to get sh*t. And no, voting in ALPA is not going to help matters, they're not going to get us a payraise...so I thought I'd throw that out there before people started with the "well if you were ALPA". If ALPA was so good at getting good contracts how come every regional/major they represent now have lost just about everything?

As far as the bro...they're compensated pretty well for that aircraft.

...I think that alpa instills hate towards MNGT to prolong their survival.

Completely false. What instills hate is a management group that routinely takes advantage of all of its employees. The relationship has been an abusive one for over 20 years. It doesn't take long for the neophyte to see how poorly the moral in this place is fostered. It all comes from the top. You know the saying...

Latest resources

Back