New SkyWest pay proposal....anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last edited:
I'm not sure what some of you guys are looking at but from this year to next with the pay proposal my rate would increase over $8 bucks an hour and with the bonus factor we are quite a bit over ASA.

End date, split rates, increase, to me are all an improvement.
I'm voting yes.

better read the fine print sport

Gee, 1% more on my $19 an hour, no increase for base pay over the next 3 years, and now us junior guys get shafted on the 70 seat pay twice (can't hold 70 + no increase in base pay). Not to mention the EMB guys! They could have at least thrown in bonuses for the low guys on the totem pole or placed the 1% increase on the base pay size AND the EMB.

Definitely not what I was expecting.

(Seriously now, couldn't break the mythical $20 an hour for new hires?)

Wow a 23 cent raise for first year guys?!?!?!!? Is that what I am hearing? I admit I have not read all the stuff on here yet and I may be way off with this.

I am sorry but no tmatter what that is still pathetic!!!! I was expecting first year guys to be seeing at least $23/hour. I think that is really bad if the T-P crews dont get really anything at all. I guess that shows you they are just not as important as those super cool jet guys.

Last edited:
Yes . . .

Where I sit: SKYW EMB CA.

Where I stand: Voting yes on the TA.

When the last offer was presented, the majority of pilots (myself included), based on the TA survey, voted no because of 1)No end date of the agreement and 2)No increased pay for the 700/900. As I see it, this agreement addresses both of the issues that the pilots had with the pay agreement. I am not a fan of ALPA coming onto the property, but vote in the pay agreement, and if you still are unhappy, vote in ALPA.

As for the new guys . . . I was hired here when we were not paid during training and made $19/hr for the first year. FNG's will get an hourly raise on their pay during training, so I don't want to hear it. :cool:

well you would need some 700/900s to fly to make your statement matter.

You must be a 50-seat only guy. :rolleyes:

The offered rates from ASA do cover 700/900 flying. It's amazing to see how smug some of you guys are about what is happening. My point was to point out that the offer on the table from ASA management, is actually an offer from Jerry to ASA pilots. Point being, the same people that control your half of the equation are offering you less than what they are offering our half, and that half is 4 years old.

Believe it or not, I'd like to see our 2 groups help eachother out.

Last edited:
Wow a 23 cent raise for first year guys?!?!?!!? Is that what I am hearing?

I am sorry but that is still pathetic!!!! I was expecting first year guys to be seeing at least $23/hour.

No, you're figuring too high...1% of $19.00 per flight hour is a whopping 19 pennies more per flight hour!

Latest resources

Back