• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New SkyWest pay proposal....anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rater than the "Bro", prefer these other two terms of endearment for the Brasilia...

Mexican King Air

or

Vibraliner
Or
brazilldo, paddle jet, tacowagon, I prefer paddle jet.
PBR

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif] If we use the GDP to adjust for inflation...

In 2001 $19.02 turns to $20.82 in 2007 and and $21.65 in 2009

In 2001 $35 turns to $38.31 and $39.85, respectively

$60 becomes $65.69 and $68.31

$70 becomes $76.63 and $79.70

As you can see, the pay "raise" doesn't even compete with inflation from the past years, let alone keep up with it going into the future. The lack of retro pay just compounds the problem.
[/FONT]

I sent multiple resumes last year meeting minimums and never got a call

and that pilots at Skywest (despite wild profitability and growth) are willing to accept sub-$20/hr to fly as a first-year FO on a 76 seat jet. To me, that screams of screwing all the newbies

So it sounds like you were willing to work for sub $20 an hour.

New hire wages will go up when Skywest can't fill classes, but that'll never happen, so new hire wages will stay where they are.

(S)he'd like you to think so...............................but it's not even close. it's just some close-minded thinking....................You have the ability to ignore this user. I just might.

AF :cool:

Such a waste. A waste of wisdom from the senior Skywest pilots that some of the junior pilots are willing to waste.

Such a waste. A waste of wisdom from the senior Skywest pilots that some of the junior pilots are willing to waste.

Some call it wisdom some call it bitterness. The truth lies in the eye of the beholder.

So it sounds like you were willing to work for sub $20 an hour.

New hire wages will go up when Skywest can't fill classes, but that'll never happen, so new hire wages will stay where they are.

I wanted the *choice*, but I never got it. I consider it a blessing in disguise.

Latest resources

Back