Net Jets to Furlough 500...??? Right...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the moral support!

Lots of people are participating but according to a few very informal polls about 60 percent plan to make no change to their current schedule. I am not saying they are wrong or right but 40 percent of the pilots flying a few days less a month would make it difficult to mitigate a furlough possibility entirely and I am 150 from the bottom so I have quite a vested interest in this. There wont be more than maybe 50 buyouts. I actually hope I am wrong

I think (and I sincerely hope) the number of buyouts at NJA will be considerably higher than 50. The over/under line was set at 20 at NJI with the under being the early favorite. But indications are we might hit the over and might even get to 30 which would be just shy of 10% of our pilot group.

I would have to believe NJA will at least get to triple digits on the early out.

I think we have just cleared the last hurdle in granting NJI pilots the password. However, it will not give you access to the entire message board, only the NJI section. (The NJA section is a benefit of membership established in the Bylaws. Union leadership will have accecss to the NJI portion.) Stay tuned.

and exactly where are the NJI guys supposed to get this password?

There wont be more than maybe 50 buyouts. I actually hope I am wrong

I think you are wrong. I know of at least 15 just off the top of my head, with more added every day. Some I never thought would leave, are actually doing it. "The more I think about this, the more it becomes a better deal", is how one guy phrased it to me.
Over/under is 150, IMHO, this is only 5% of the current pilot group, however.

I will stay opted in for the personal time off. It's nice to have that, and help the lower guys/gals. As far as a reduced schedule, my family and I are discussing. Not sure if we can financially do it, but it is being looked into..

and exactly where are the NJI guys supposed to get this password?

We're drafting some communications right now that will give instructions on how to register for the NJASAP messaage board (NJI sections). That communication will include the username/password. If you have not done so yet, update your contact information with us on our website.

Also, I will be in TEB later this week to meet with NJA/NJI pilots (announcements have been sent). In our information that will be distributed there are instrcutions for registering to the message board, including password.

Hope this helps,
Brian

...according to a few very informal polls about 60 percent plan to make no change to their current schedule. I am not saying they are wrong or right but 40 percent of the pilots flying a few days less a month would make it difficult to mitigate a furlough possibility entirely and I am 150 from the bottom so I have quite a vested interest in this. ...

I've been watching that one, too. Kudos to the pilot who designed it (and rightfully stated that it was unscientific); however, it is just getting started and the percentages could easily change as more pilots participate.

I think we'll see NJASAP add furlough mitigation questions to their Wilson Center polling. In the meantime, I fully understand the need to seek information. The NJ families have important decisions to make. During this critical time, I'm thankful we're being given options and the opportunity to help shape our destiny. I realize it's far more than others got.

Together Everyone Achieves More

There wont be more than maybe 50 buyouts.

Currently there are 7% of the folks that have filled out the informal online survey that said they plan on taking the early out. That translates to over 200 NJA wide. I''m betting we beat 50 by a country mile.

Currently there are 7% of the folks that have filled out the informal online survey that said they plan on taking the early out. That translates to over 200 NJA wide. I''m betting we beat 50 by a country mile.

So is your over/under 200?? Mr. Grizz?? Some of the guys I have heard about in my fleet never come on the union website.

Latest resources

Back