• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Net Jets to Furlough 500...??? Right...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is it a possibility that we'll furlough....always a possibility. Do I think it will happen, in a word NO. It would need to be in the neighborhood of a 15 month furlough, from what I understand, to make it financially prudent. There are "poison pills" in our contract where the company has to provide a couple months severance to each furloughed pilot, as well as the training costs to retrain literally hundreds of pilots into different fleets.

LegacyDriver: NetJets Hater
A very nice way to start a thread
The thread title grabs one's attention for sure.
Kind of a passive-aggressive way to get people to read this thread.:rolleyes:
Its amazing the almost pavlovian responses to this poser-poster, from some of our fellow Netjets pilots.
A fool posts the furlough word on an anonymous internet messageboard and a dozen Netjets folks have to jump in and give "their" expert opinion.
Let the haters stew in their own juices.
Why feed the roids, I mean noids?

Last edited:
There's light at the end of the tunnel IMO, and it would be very expensive and disruptive for NJ to furlough. They would be better off riding it out. Good jobs will be available at the end of all this.

There are no plans to furlough at NetJets.

Period.

There are those in certain parts of this industry that think they can profit in one way or another by starting these rumors.
Rumors don't fly planes, lead the industry, or are have the top customer service.
We do.

Last edited:

Rumors don't fly planes, lead the industry, or are have the top customer service.
We do.
What??? Do you really fly airplanes and talk to people on the radio? Why don't you go kick your dog again.

Last edited:
There are no plans to furlough at NetJets.

Period.

There are those in certain parts of this industry that think they can profit in one way or another by starting these rumors.
We do.

Please! It sure is easy to say you have the top customer service in the industry when one of your fellow group of aviators is fighting to get a contract! I don't think you could have said that at the same point in time in your contract negotiations. So please use some context when you are spouting off! We are all professionals and are capable of providing top customer service.

You missed Captain Dad's point. He meant that HE has the "top customer service" (whatever the fu ck that means) in the industry, not the company he works for. Jeez-are you ignurant?

It would probably cost NJ more to furlough 300 pilots than it would to keep them on anyway.

If you think about it, I am sure most of those 300 would be in the XL/XLS and X fleets. Since those fleets are amount the busiest (relative term I am sure) you would probably need to retrain pilots off other fleets to fill there seats.

I do NOT work for Netjets, these are just my thoughts from a business point of view.

Why?
Don't they own Flight Safety anyway? I don't think training cost will be an issue, but settlement with the union probably will.....

I tell you what guys,......... instead of talking about our brothers loosing their jobs and trying to predict the future that has not happaned yet, let's all hope for this economy gets better soon, but I mean really soon so we don't have anyone else loose their jobs and I don't care what you do, fly for NJ or work at Taco bell.

Hi!

I have read that US PAX charter started picking up last month...I hope it's a good sign.

cliff
NBO

Latest resources

Back