Net Jets to Furlough 500...??? Right...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So Why Ask??

I'm sure people are getting carried away with zeroes but it does beg the question of how things are holding up over at NetJets.

Any furlough rumors?

I literally heard "NetJets is about to furlough 500 to 1000 pilots because business is off by a third this year."

It sounds too stupid to even be remotely true.

So why I ask the question. I guess one's happiness comes from another's dismay.

That would be like a NJA guy happy to hear about any other frac company laying off their pilots.

I have not found ANY NJA or other frac drivers wishing that upon another.

Be Careful Guys the walls all around you are glass even in berkshires house. When we are comparing economic conditions and trends to 1936 anything is possible.

Flying is WAY down and a furlough probability is probably greater than 50/50 for at least a few hundred guys.

that being said the best thing that can happen to your industry is for it to shrink. We all know what fractional would be the first to go..

Good luck guys fly safe

captaindad does not provide the best customer service in the industry.

I do. Why? I think you know. :cool:

Why?
Don't they own Flight Safety anyway? I don't think training cost will be an issue, but settlement with the union probably will.....

Is that a serious question? Flightsafety may be owned by Bershire, but they are their own company. I am sure there are discounts for NJA due to BRK and bulk sales, but they still have to make money. I am sure Mr. Buffett would not sacrifice the health of one of his businesses to further another.

You would be surprised how much it would cost to get 100, 200, or maybe 300+ pilots new type ratings.

Correct, Warren Buffet owns NJA, but make no mistake about it, if we don't make him money, he'd pull the plug on us, and he'd do that in a New York minute.

Please! It sure is easy to say you have the top customer service in the industry when one of your fellow group of aviators is fighting to get a contract! I don't think you could have said that at the same point in time in your contract negotiations. So please use some context when you are spouting off! We are all professionals and are capable of providing top customer service.
Sorry, that did come off a bit "toolish".

I am just sick of telling people that we are NOT fuloughing.

I didn't mean anything bad about the other fracs. I just ran into some FLOPS guys today. My heart and support goes out to you.

Correct, Warren Buffet owns NJA, but make no mistake about it, if we don't make him money, he'd pull the plug on us, and he'd do that in a New York minute.

Not that I have any numbers to back this up...but I don't think NetJets has ever made money. If you have hard numbers I'd love to see 'em, but as a private company it's difficult to pin down the specifics.

I do know that for a very modest man considering his wealth, WB has sort of fallen in love with private air travel. In my opinion that's the only reason he's involved with NetJets.

Before ya'll come unglued, it's just one guys opinion. Oh yeah, and I am not a hater either. Lot's of friends there.

Be Careful Guys the walls all around you are glass even in berkshires house. When we are comparing economic conditions and trends to 1936 anything is possible.

Flying is WAY down and a furlough probability is probably greater than 50/50 for at least a few hundred guys.

that being said the best thing that can happen to your industry is for it to shrink. We all know what fractional would be the first to go..

Good luck guys fly safe

Well its CluckcluckBoob again!
Maybe it would be a great time for you to insert a link to JetBlue's
(the airline you claim to work for) hilarious "bigwig" videos. Maybe the videos will cheer everyone up.
Maybe you'll have a chance to turn this into a political thread.
I'll bet you feel real smart (and, want everyone to know) leaving Options or Flex for JetBlue, big pat on the back for ya.

What a poser.:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back