• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Net Jets to Furlough 500...??? Right...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are no plans to furlough at NetJets.

Period.

I just think its cool that the sentence was ended with a period, then period spelled out, followed by another period. Not bashing you man, I have seen that a lot, just finally noticed how unique it its.

Be Careful Guys the walls all around you are glass even in berkshires house. When we are comparing economic conditions and trends to 1936 anything is possible.

Flying is WAY down and a furlough probability is probably greater than 50/50 for at least a few hundred guys.

that being said the best thing that can happen to your industry is for it to shrink. We all know what fractional would be the first to go..

Good luck guys fly safe
Your middle statement sounds a lot like something George W. Bush would be saying with the use of the word probably and the percentage.

LegacyDriver: NetJets Hater

Hater? Hardly. I have never had a single negative thought about NetJets. It has always seemed to me to be the best place to wind up in this turbulent industry.

The crews there have always been extremely nice when I have encountered them.

As a previous poster noted, the idea that NJ would furlough 500 seemed beyond the realm of reality, but I do wonder how things are going there.

Not that I have any numbers to back this up...but I don't think NetJets has ever made money. If you have hard numbers I'd love to see 'em, but as a private company it's difficult to pin down the specifics.

I do know that for a very modest man considering his wealth, WB has sort of fallen in love with private air travel. In my opinion that's the only reason he's involved with NetJets.

Before ya'll come unglued, it's just one guys opinion. Oh yeah, and I am not a hater either. Lot's of friends there.

I've seen the numbers, for security reasons I cannot post them but i will say this. Bottom line is, what netjets does the most of is collect checks. Then deposits them. We don''t really own much of anything except the buildings in CMH, HPN, and LUK....and maybe even first in teb.

that debt compared to what is taken is mind boggling.

I've seen the numbers, for security reasons I cannot post them but i will say this. Bottom line is, what netjets does the most of is collect checks. Then deposits them. We don''t really own much of anything except the buildings in CMH, HPN, and LUK....and maybe even first in teb.

that debt compared to what is taken is mind boggling.

Uh huh. You sound like a CFO. You must be under-paid (for security reasons.) :)

Well its CluckcluckBoob again!
Maybe it would be a great time for you to insert a link to JetBlue's
(the airline you claim to work for) hilarious "bigwig" videos. Maybe the videos will cheer everyone up.
Maybe you'll have a chance to turn this into a political thread.
I'll bet you feel real smart (and, want everyone to know) leaving Options or Flex for JetBlue, big pat on the back for ya.

What a poser.:rolleyes:

In case you dont know I personally loved each and every minute of the 8 years I spent at corporate wings and options. ( At least until The second Raytheon transaction when flops went down the tubes )

I miss the flying dont miss the BS and yes I do enjoy my job currently even though we have our own problems here just like anywhere else.

I think it is time for you to get over personally placing blame on me for the welcomebigwigs.com campaign. It was a campaign that was targeted to the average joe who doesnt have a clue about private jet travel.

Sorry to burst your bubble but just cant see a reason to prime your pump with a comparative childish response to your post. I think its time for you to grow up son and find someone else to target.

PS: I couldnt give 2 $hits about politics considering the neverending buffoonery that I witness on a daily basis. ( Calm down thats not directed towards democrats francis )

Not that I have any numbers to back this up...but I don't think NetJets has ever made money.

You'd be incorrect.

From the Berkshire Hathaway 2006 Annual Report:

Our U.S. operation also had a good year in 2006, which led to worldwide pre-tax earnings of $143 million at NetJets last year. We made this profit even though we suffered a loss of $19 million in the first quarter....

Revenues from the service businesses of $5,811 million in 2006 increased $1,083 million (23%) and pre-tax earnings of $658 million in 2006 increased $329 million (100%) as compared to 2005. The largest portion of these increases arose from greatly improved comparative operating results at NetJets where revenues increased $759 million over 2005. NetJets generated pre-tax earnings of $143 million in 2006 as compared to a pre-tax loss of $80 million in 2005 reflecting a 23% increase in flight.

I've noticed its always someone who doesn't work for NetJets who starts these threads about us laying off people. I don't understand why would you want to start that rumor. Everybody is after us, and I'm sure that a lot of people on here, despite what they say, would take a lot of pleasure if that comes to pass. Very sad.

Latest resources

Back