• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Net Jets to Furlough 500...??? Right...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They've done more than just stand pat; they've laid off workers. Why is that when they never had a CBA to "force the company into overstaffing"? ;)
Its the NJ Union fault the others furloughed.

They had to increase their pay and benefits to be competitive with NJ ... so now they have to furlough..

If not for the NJ CBA ... these companies could have kept pay lower and not had to furlough.:laugh:

Let's not toot our horns too early here. I'm waiting to see what June 12th brings.

Nearly everyone I know is doing something to help out.

At the very least, no one can say the pilots at NJ's didn't sacrifice something so that at least SOME pilot jobs were spared. I have a feeling that not all will be.

I'm sorry that the other Frac pilots at the other companies were given the opportunity by their management teams to do the same.

I'm sure many would have contributed to the cause and save jobs.

Last edited:
...you won't talk about the fact that the union at NJ has cost the company millions of dollars and forced an overstaffing of the company which in turn is putting pilots out of work, voluntary or not.

Tell me why, exactly, do you care what happens at NJA?

Also...since when did the union force NJA to sign a contract that's costing them millions of dollars? Never mind the fact those employees provide the essential resource to do business.

The last time I checked every employee in this fine nation is in a contract with their employer for employment. (That means you too!) Just so happens the fine aviators at NetJets choose to represent themselves as a group. That is truly the only difference. If you don't like that, and prefer at-will employment, then don't work at NJA. Seems pretty simple to me.

I'm not a big union guy, and sometimes I look at my union dues deduction and say to myself..."Man, thats a box of Montecristo White Labels!" But at the end of the day that money goes to a great organization that does a ton of good outside of just the CBA.

Your posts shine light on your intelligence and maturity. I would stop digging now, because you're in an ignorance hole bordering on idiocy.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back