• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jeff is Challenging Scope.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't blame the pilots who fly for the Regionals. Take the anger and resentment directly to your reps and let them know scope is paramount on the JCBA!

No. Remember, RJ pilots are supposed to fall on their own swords for the mainline pilots. It's we who are struggling to get by, that should take on an illegal work action for the benefit of those who only despise us.

Must have been nice to be a 18 year old new hire at United and them ungrade to 727 capt at 30. Must be the high level of skill and every thing else that came with being born at the right time.
I'm not a mainline pilot, and never said I was. I fly an RJ and just don't have an out of control sense of entitlement. I know my place in the food chain.

Are you proud of the fact that you make $100k/year?

My first priority is controlling my schedule and having lots of time off. I have that. Financially, I am doing just fine.

Given the cuts the last decade, I think I am doing fine considering that I am only flying a 50 seat jet.

Yours? Really?? What does the paint job and titles look like on your ASA airplanes anyway? Does it say Atlantic Southeast Airlines in big titles down the fuselage? Do you have your own stand-alone res system and marketing department and all the other stuff that goes along with a "real" airline?

Umm, nope. It says Delta Connection (or United Express) on the side and has a mainline paint job. ASA is a contract lift provider and the flying belongs to mainline, i.e., it ain't "yours".

If it was yours, then your pilots would be flying it. They aren't because they didn't want to fly "little" airplanes and they sold it for higher pay and retirement back in the early 90s.

I think the correct term should be mine FOR now. You have every right to do the flying that Delta contracted to ASA, and of course Delta has every right to take it back when conditions warrant. I.E change in pilot contract, market improving for larger aircraft etc.

My post was in response to asking us regionals support the "taking it back" movement....Sorry, but some of us aren't going to support that.

It might be nice for you at the top of the list but the regional job is not what is best for Most of us pilots. Your F/o's are making nothing and you are trying to prolong there misery. If the Regionals expand that means more capt. slots but also more very low paying f/o slots. Someone is going to get stuck in those positions for a very long time. You will get to sit next to them. But hey it worked out for YOU.

News flash...Everyone on here is looking at this from their own perspective. Your mileage may vary.....

How the hell do you pass random drug tests? You are not equal to a mainline pilot. Fogging a mirror and keeping a seat warm does not put oneself on the same level as a mainline pilot. They put in their time either flying for some crappy regional for YEARS or were getting shot at in the military just to qualify to fly for a Major. It is insulting to compare those qualifications with someone who bought 300 hours at some Florida flight school.

Your right, I actually have more time than most of them....Are you familiar with some of the prior hiring practices of United? They hired their fair share of 350 hour wonders too....Take off the knee pads.....

Joemerchant,

Your a moron, thats as simple as I can put it. Bringing "your" flying (its actually mainlines) back to mainline WHERE IT BELONGS will help the careers of regional pilots in the long run. Now, your making 100k a year at a regional with a good schedule and lots of time off right? I would guess that makes you pretty senior and therefore have little to worry about. So why is it that you don't want that flying to come back to mainline and therefore giving younger and more junior regional pilots a better chance to have a better career at a major?

I flew for a regional and it was always my goal to spend as little time as possible at that level. I got into flying because I love to fly and I wanted to fly for a major. I can't speak for all regional pilots, however I can tell you that the vast majority of the people I know that flew or currently fly for regionals want/ed to spend the least amount of time there possible. Bringing that flying back to the majors helps regional pilots who want to move on to a major! Stop with your me, me, me scab mentality!

If it was yours, then your pilots would be flying it. .

it be DAL Inc's flying, not DALPA or ASA pilots, and Inc wants ASA flying it and you ain't getting it back, 100+ seaters next, deal wit it, and don't forget to say hi to an ASA pilot on the concourse, don't be so stuck up k?

Latest resources

Back