• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jeff is Challenging Scope.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Again, ALPA will follow the money. What is 1.95% of a regional airlines pilot payrole vs. a mainline payroll? Don't you think ALPA wants to see RJ payscales increase significantly? Do think ALPA wants to see A320s and 737s parked and replaced by RJs? Not a chance. Your right, ALPA is in a quagmeir, however, at the end of the day they will do what is best for them.

Additionally, I would guess the vast majority of regional pilots support additional scope provisions. Perhaps the few that have no aspirations to pursue a major airline career have a DFR case.

That statement brings up a serious point, ALPA is not a UNION but a business. That does not give a rats @ss about the airlines, only its bottom line!!

Again, ALPA will follow the money. What is 1.95% of a regional airlines pilot payrole vs. a mainline payroll? Don't you think ALPA wants to see RJ payscales increase significantly? Do think ALPA wants to see A320s and 737s parked and replaced by RJs? Not a chance. Your right, ALPA is in a quagmeir, however, at the end of the day they will do what is best for them.

Additionally, I would guess the vast majority of regional pilots support additional scope provisions. Perhaps the few that have no aspirations to pursue a major airline career have a DFR case.

So Skywest and Republic are the two largest 70 seat lift contractors for UAL. Can anyone give me a straight answer of why should ALPA care about giving up scope to these two contractors in which NEITHER IS AN ALPA CARRIER???

Yogi

So Skywest and Republic are the two largest 70 seat lift contractors for UAL. Can anyone give me a straight answer of why should ALPA care about giving up scope to these two contractors in which NEITHER IS AN ALPA CARRIER???

Yogi

The straight answer is ALPA does not care about these airlines. Why should they?

Latest resources

Back