• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jeff is Challenging Scope.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know what the internal numbers are and I hope ALPA is keeping track. All I know is what I see, and that is CRJ700's parked at C, UAL Express flights added to IAH. XJT charter shutting down to put the remaining 6 aircraft into UAL Express service. This is also not a current CAL or UAL route, so it is new flying.

It may be a new route, but are you sure it is new flying? There is growth at CAL mainline right now going on (and a litttle bit at UAL too), why do you think that all CAL furloughs are on the way back and they are gearing up to hire UAL furloughs. It's not just about the 787 that is possibly coming in late 2011. The mainline block hours are increasing at CAL to equalize the flying as per the Transition Agreement. It is not CAL's fault that UAL has their scope which still may have some room for the regionals. We need to fight for SCOPE as hard as ever and get the flying back! That will stop all this crap...

Yogi

So a new route isn't new flying? I don't get that, this should be a 737-500 shouldn't it? Mainline block hours may be increasing, but so are XJT's (according to Sr. Dir. Flt Ops), and there are new routes for the other UAX carriers as well. I just don't know how you could be calm about this.

NO but I am not dumb enough to blame someone for taking a job. Especially since the experience obtained from that job is required to make it to the big show. It is up to all main line pilots to protect their own jobs. Not the job of the “RJ” pilots to protect the job of the main line pilots. No one starts in this industry thinking yea I want to work for contract carrier!

It would be nice if you 'minor league' guys got some from of legitimate pay bump one of these years. Unlike the 50 seaters, each 70 seater destroys a mainline job 1:1. And while I understand the difficulities of battling the whipsaw of the contract feed business, I don't accept that as gospel.

I've heard far too many 5-10 year RJ capts try to justify that 80K w/weekends off is as good as it gets. When I was at a regional we fought hard for a contract that was light years better then a previous one from commuter days. Ever since the first 'strech RJ' showed up you guys flying 70 seaters have shown no b@lls for a fight. That's why management loves ya'...

Last edited:
It would be nice if you 'minor league' guys got some from of legitimate pay bump one of these years. Unlike the 50 seaters, each 70 seater destroys a mainline job 1:1. And while I understand the difficulities of battling the whipsaw of the contract feed business, I don't accept that as gospel.

I've heard far too many 5-10 year RJ capts try to justify that 80K w/weekends off is as good as it gets. When I was at a regional we fought hard for a contract that was light years better then a previous one from commuter days. Ever since the first 'strech RJ' showed up you guys flying 70 seaters have shown no b@lls for a fight. That's why management loves ya'...

Again, the regional guys didn't vote to take the flying, the legacy guys VOTED to give it away.

Couldn't agree more.....

Specifically, the UAL scope clause (with regard to 70 seat airplanes) was voted away by one guy in a failed attempt to save a retirement plan.

Guys and gals flying these 70 seaters in UAL colors are kind of like the guy who goes to airshow with his Japanese Zero and is just a bit more proud of it than is appropriate. Yeah, it's kind of a cool plane, but....

put out in the weekly update...

ALLIANCE OVERSIGHT
The MEC, MEC officers, Negotiating Committee and Alliance Committee are aware of the Company's announced plans to place the CO code on fleets of 70-seat jets operated out of IAH and EWR. We are analyzing these plans under the terms of our working agreement and will inform our pilot group of our conclusions as soon as we can.

Man I hope they fight this tooth and nail...cause it's pure BS. Already pisses me off when I see our "C" gates in IAH with 70 seaters on 'em, like Mgt is giving us two big middle fingers and laughing about it.:puke:

This is just the start. It's apparent that Smisek doesn't care if we're on board. He's just another Lorenzo and if CAL/UAL ALPA doesn't get some balls and take the fight to them, we're screwed. I can't begin to explain how disappointed I've become with ALPA in general.

Well if RAH was ALPA couldn't the pilots be persuaded to not fly these flights?

Now THAT is funny.

Pilots can't be persuaded not to do other pilots' flying. They will selfishly do whatever serves their own group. ALPA pilots are ALPA pilots' own worst enemy.

Veritas!

Latest resources

Back