• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jeff is Challenging Scope.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Joe: You act like a punk. Since we're in the middle of handling this issue right now (for the next 6 days or so) how about you give this thread a break?

Since there is no shortage of mgts who want to do harm to mainline pilots' careers, I'm sure you'll always have a job. But right now, there are a LOT of careers in the balance. This discussion is not for you right now.

Your right, I actually have more time than most of them....Are you familiar with some of the prior hiring practices of United? They hired their fair share of 350 hour wonders too....Take off the knee pads.....

Joe it's very simple. Career commuter guys are usually either real comfy living in base or complete t-bags that can't get another job. You might try to represent the former, but it's clear you are the latter...

My first priority is controlling my schedule and having lots of time off. I have that. Financially, I am doing just fine.

Given the cuts the last decade, I think I am doing fine considering that I am only flying a 50 seat jet.

HMMMM, lots of time off and a 100k a year as a RJ pilot? One of those two isn't happening junior.

Don't blame the pilots who fly for the Regionals. Take the anger and resentment directly to your reps and let them know scope is paramount on the JCBA!

Exactly!! This has nothing to do with regional pilots. I was at a regional for almost 9 years and finally got on with a major. When I was at the regional, I didn't see the major airline pilot's view. I just wanted more 70 seaters so I could fly them. Now I'm at a major I see the big picture. It's not about us versus you. It's about taking back flying that is rightfully ours in the first place. You fly Delta passengers because Delta sells your seats. You fly United passengers because United sells your seats. We're gonna take it back and in the long run, you'll thank us when you're hired at a major. You're more than welcome to apply like I did. I went from 100k a year as an instructor at a regional to 17k take home at a major the first year. Why? Who the f*** knows, but I know for a fact that I'm making more now than a 13 year Capt at a regional after 4 years. And it keeps going up while under a concessionary contract that blows.....ie POS 02. We'll see who's on top in a few years...........

UA/CAL ALPA should (while also taking issue with management) take this up with SA (republic) teamsters. Let them (the pilots) know ahead of time this is wrong (against CAL scope) and will not be tolerated.

Let them (the SA pilots) know that any busting, bending or testing the limits of CAL/UA scope (cal/us jobs) will not be allowed. Let the SA pilot/teamsters go to their management (republic) and tell them they side with the CAL/UA pilots on this issue.
Why in Gods name should the SA pilots do that? BS....I'm not a SA pilot but you know what, this is CAL/UAL pilots problem because THEIR scope is being busted. You want to take a stand, park CAL/UAL airplanes til it stops but don't ask the SA pilots to get fired for YOUR fight. Thats crap. They aren't crossing any picket lines, they are doing their jobs....legal jobs. Its up to the major airline pilots of this world to take responsibility for whats going on with RJ's and E170s/190s.

HMMMM, lots of time off and a 100k a year as a RJ pilot? One of those two isn't happening junior.

Not everyone working at a "commuter" flies a B-1900 for 16K and has eight days off a month. Maybe 10 years ago I was itching to fly a 757, but now can safely say I really don't give a darn what I fly so long as it's well maintained, I can afford to live in a base of my chosing, and enjoy my 16+ days off and quite liveable income. Detroit? Reserve? DC-9? No weekends for the next decade? No thank you.

Not everyone working at a "commuter" flies a B-1900 for 16K and has eight days off a month. Maybe 10 years ago I was itching to fly a 757, but now can safely say I really don't give a darn what I fly so long as it's well maintained, I can afford to live in a base of my chosing, and enjoy my 16+ days off and quite liveable income. Detroit? Reserve? DC-9? No weekends for the next decade? No thank you.

That's all well and good, but if you fly for a outsource provider, you are only as good as your last capacity agreement signed with the major airline partner. I know Comair looked real good in 1992. You can replaced by another regional who can do the outsource work for less.

Your airline exists because Mainline, and the pilot's contract allows it to. You don't control your own destiny.

Latest resources

Back